Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone going to the Garfield, NJ show tomorrow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I will be there from 9-12 or so. I will probably have my Yankees World Series hat on and my black jacket. I was hoping that I could meet some FCB faithfuls there lol. LMK, if you are going! Take care,

John

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
About 50. It is a pretty sweet show and a decent amount of prospecting stuff. A couple of nice bargain bins to if you look hard enough. The Wax is pretty cheap to if you are looking to rip! :cool:

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
nyc3 said:
hmmmmm what are the hours? I may have to swing on through

If you've never been, don't bother. The place is dead as far as decent shows go. Dealers are a bunch of bottom feeders just looking to make the electric bill or put gas in the tank for the week. The same can be said for the Parsippany PAL show.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
NYCrulesU said:
nyc3 said:

If you've never been, don't bother. The place is dead as far as decent shows go. Dealers are a bunch of bottom feeders just looking to make the electric bill or put gas in the tank for the week. The same can be said for the Parsippany PAL show.

Not really. You have to go to the right people. You probably went to the people that sell the beanie babies etc. You have to know your stuff. The Parsippany show I have never went to.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I miss the good shows. I remember driving 2+hrs to White Plains, 2 hrs to Ft. Washington. ect. I miss spending a whole Saturday at a good show. Are any of these 250-500 table shows still around the tri-state area? I hope to get to the National this year.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
henderson939 said:
I miss the good shows. I remember driving 2+hrs to White Plains, 2 hrs to Ft. Washington. ect. I miss spending a whole Saturday at a good show. Are any of these 250-500 table shows still around the tri-state area? I hope to get to the National this year.

White plains is still around!

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
henderson939 said:

White Plains is still around. Still, nothing like what it used to be :( I miss the Ft. Washington show the most. That place was amazing. I would take the drive and do the same as you, spend the entire day looking at cards, making deals. Used to be fun.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
jbone17 said:
NYCrulesU said:
nyc3 said:

Not really. You have to go to the right people. You probably went to the people that sell the beanie babies etc. You have to know your stuff. The Parsippany show I have never went to.

Not for nothing, but I've forgot more about sports cards than you'll ever know. I've took a few years off, 3 to be exact. I've been doing this since 1980. Were you even conceived yet? I doubt it. So save the little smartass remarks for one of your little tweener buddies. Just because I said your fav. little rathole show sucks. Get over it, it does.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
NYCrulesU said:
jbone17 said:
NYCrulesU said:
nyc3 said:

Not for nothing, but I've forgot more about sports cards than you'll ever know. I've took a few years off, 3 to be exact. I've been doing this since 1980. Were you even conceived yet? I doubt it. So save the little smartass remarks for one of your little tweener buddies. Just because I said your fav. little rathole show sucks. Get over it, it does.

Easy there buddy. For someone who is an adult, you sure as heck aren't acting like one. I was simply providing an example of what you might have been thinking of. 1980 and today are two totally different hobby eras and you know that. Those people have come and gone and shows today are nothing like that. And not for nothing, but what is a tweener? :lol:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:

White Plains is still around. Still, nothing like what it used to be :( I miss the Ft. Washington show the most. That place was amazing. I would take the drive and do the same as you, spend the entire day looking at cards, making deals. Used to be fun.

Ft. Washington was a great show. I always left with some cool Henderson stuff. Remeber the small animal show that they had next door on the same day as the card show? I always went in after the card show to look around.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
henderson939 said:
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:

Ft. Washington was a great show. I always left with some cool Henderson stuff. Remeber the small animal show that they had next door on the same day as the card show? I always went in after the card show to look around.

Everytime I think of the Ft. Wash. show I can't help but recall sitting in my car listening to two clowns (two pretty well known faces as far as dealers went) standing outside talking about how to remove autos off of vintage multi signed balls so that you could just have a Maris single signed auto ball just a Mantle single auto ball that would sell for more. I think that was truly the day I realized my beloved hobby was headed down the *******.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:

Everytime I think of the Ft. Wash. show I can't help but recall sitting in my car listening to two clowns (two pretty well known faces as far as dealers went) standing outside talking about how to remove autos off of vintage multi signed balls so that you could just have a Maris single signed auto ball just a Mantle single auto ball that would sell for more. I think that was truly the day I realized my beloved hobby was headed down the quit swearing.

one of them Ingstrup? Not sure if I spelled right.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
henderson939 said:
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:
NYCrulesU said:
henderson939 said:

Everytime I think of the Ft. Wash. show I can't help but recall sitting in my car listening to two clowns (two pretty well known faces as far as dealers went) standing outside talking about how to remove autos off of vintage multi signed balls so that you could just have a Maris single signed auto ball just a Mantle single auto ball that would sell for more. I think that was truly the day I realized my beloved hobby was headed down the quit swearing.

one of them Ingstrup? Not sure if I spelled right.

Never could with names. Faces are my thing, I never forget a face :D Little short, scrawny fella. Thinning on top, ball fro on the sides. Looked like a weasel snitch.

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
Ill be there tomorrow. And its the annual holiday show, so it should have more dealers than usual. And you are dead wrong about your assumptions if you are going to compare it to the parsippany show. That PAL show has about 5-8 dealers now and is garbage unless you are going for wax. The Garfield show is 10x better and is probably the best in the state, especially considering that its a biweekly show. Not exactly easy to pull off that consistency. These smaller shows are so much better than the larger shows too IMHO. You still get everything you can want, and you dont have to worry about the big time dealers who would never in a million years cut you a deal. Most of the guys that do the Garfield show do it on the side or for fun and are very easy to negotiate with. I have been going to this show for years, have even set up there numerous times, and know many of the dealers personally. You are very much mistaken on them.

Members online

Latest posts