Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANGEL VILLALONA, What's Up with him

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Does anyone know if this guy will ever play baseball again? I have him on my dynasty fantasy baseball team, and I need to trim my roster to make room for draft picks this year. All I know is he has been charged with murder and has been stripped of his US visa.

I heard the family of the dead guy might not press charges. Either way Villalona is a complete loser and I should drop him based on that alone.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Crewfan82 said:
Does anyone know if this guy will ever play baseball again? I have him on my dynasty fantasy baseball team, and I need to trim my roster to make room for draft picks this year. All I know is he has been charged with murder and has been stripped of his US visa.

I heard the family of the dead guy might not press charges. Either way Villalona is a complete loser and I should drop him based on that alone.

I have a contender auto of him if interested :lol:

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
uniquebaseballcards said:
I think he was able to buy his freedom, but this will probably greatly effect his popularity here in the states.

Not quite. Money was reportedly paid to the family of the deceased to head off a trial but there is still a pending murder charge.

marterburn

ru4scuba said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
I think he was able to buy his freedom, but this will probably greatly effect his popularity here in the states.

Not quite. Money was reportedly paid to the family of the deceased to head off a trial but there is still a pending murder charge.

not doing my research here, but i also think that as part of the payoff, the family will not testify. but getting another visa isn't going to happen as long as the trial is pending.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
js0000001 said:
He is a hero of the Revolution

Viva Angel!!!

That's a sweet pic! I guess I will hold onto him for now, and see what happens in the coming months.

Wes

OG
Administrator
cgilmo said:
Crewfan82 said:
js0000001 said:

Viva Angel!!!

That's a sweet pic! I guess I will hold onto him for now, and see what happens in the coming months.

drop him

even if all this pans out, it would be a miracle if he ever suits up

This lost development time is almost insurmountable

He's not even 20 and hasn't missed any significant time as far as in season play.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
LLWesMan said:
cgilmo said:
Crewfan82 said:
js0000001 said:

Viva Angel!!!

drop him

He's not even 20 and hasn't missed any significant time as far as in season play.

Yes, and there are a good 2 years left of hurdles to overcome before he can get back into a US baseball system. If he were to return he would then need the seasoning only that full season professional baseball can do, and that would take a few more years.

Making it to the bigs is hard enough, throw in something like this and it's pretty close to impossible.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
cgilmo said:
LLWesMan said:
cgilmo said:
Crewfan82 said:
js0000001 said:

Viva Angel!!!

drop him

Yes, and there are a good 2 years left of hurdles to overcome before he can get back into a US baseball system. If he were to return he would then need the seasoning only that full season professional baseball can do, and that would take a few more years.

Making it to the bigs is hard enough, throw in something like this and it's pretty close to impossible.

+1. For the people that think his return will result in the bigs down the road is flat out crazy. Do you think Angel is swinging a bat right now or thinking about his life. Hm...

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
jbone17 said:
cgilmo said:
LLWesMan said:
cgilmo said:
Crewfan82 said:
[quote="js0000001":2sedrcv2]He is a hero of the Revolution

Viva Angel!!!

drop him

+1. For the people that think his return will result in the bigs down the road is flat out crazy. Do you think Angel is swinging a bat right now or thinking about his life. Hm...[/quote:2sedrcv2]

He is probably swinging a bat at someones head in a bar in South America. He probably isn't thinking about his life, but more likely where he can grab a good cheeseburger.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Crewfan82 said:
jbone17 said:
cgilmo said:
LLWesMan said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="Crewfan82":6mcajs9h][quote="js0000001":6mcajs9h]He is a hero of the Revolution

Viva Angel!!!

drop him

+1. For the people that think his return will result in the bigs down the road is flat out crazy. Do you think Angel is swinging a bat right now or thinking about his life. Hm...[/quote:6mcajs9h]

He is probably swinging a bat at someones head in a bar in South America. He probably isn't thinking about his life, but more likely where he can grab a good cheeseburger.[/quote:6mcajs9h]

Once a criminal always a criminal philosophy going for ya right? :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I would have to assume this discussion was being held 7-8 years ago about Josh Hamilton. Two different scenarios of course. But I couldn't help but think of it.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I would have to assume this discussion was being held 7-8 years ago about Josh Hamilton. Two different scenarios of course. But I couldn't help but think of it.

murder and coke head are a bit different in the grand scheme of things though. It also took a long time for Hamilton to come back, which would also lead to the the drop

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
i said two different scenarios :cool:

i was just stating the same conversation was probably being held back then. i'm sure less than 5% of baseball fans thought Josh Hamilton was going to wear an MLB uniform one day. And reasonably so. I was one of them.

bouwob said:
markakis8 said:

murder and coke head are a bit different in the grand scheme of things though. It also took a long time for Hamilton to come back, which would also lead to the the drop

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he was a thug year before last in Augusta. Would not sign for anyone, or come out of the dugout.. He rubbed his teammates and the season ticket holders in Augusta the wrong way.. a real "CLASS" act..

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
brianga26 said:
he was a thug year before last in Augusta. Would not sign for anyone, or come out of the dugout.. He rubbed his teammates and the season ticket holders in Augusta the wrong way.. a real "CLASS" act..

Are you kidding me? He was nothing like that in San Jose. Shy and quiet because of his English skill is how I would describe him, but I'm not an auto hound who he didn't sign for which may be why I view him differently.