Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angels announcer Rory Markus passes away...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
This is to bad.

JUST IN: Angels broadcaster dies

By

PE News
on January 5, 2010 8:57 AM

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Angels says sportscaster Rory Markas has died. He was 54.

Team spokesman Tim Mead says the longtime voice of the Angels and Southern California basketball was found dead at his home in Palmdale on Monday.

Mead says there are not a lot of details available.

Markas had been with the Angels for seven seasons. He had also been a sports reporter for KNX Radio and a sports anchor KTTV. From 1994-97, he was the lead announcer for the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers on the Clippers radio network.

Mead says he is survived by his mother Billie and his brothers Gary and Troy.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
oh DANG,. I loved this guy. He had a real knowledge of the game and was excellent at what he did, he also did USC basketball in previous years. Whenever I saw this guy outside the stadium he took the time to greet everyone even if they didn't know him. Very sad day.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
oh DANG,. I loved this guy. He had a real knowledge of the game and was excellent at what he did, he also did USC basketball in previous years. Whenever I saw this guy outside the stadium he took the time to greet everyone even if they didn't know him. Very sad day.

yes it is pretty sad, he seemed like a good.

Members online

Latest posts