Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which 2008 Draft First Baseman Has The Most MLB Potential?

Which 2008 Draft First Baseman Has The Most MLB Potential?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
I guess that means that you'll just have to settle for Razor....

....before they skyrocket.

I have been thinking about this and what makes Razor better then his on card USA autos?

There should be below 500 USA autos compared to over a 1,000 with Razor. Now maybe Razor's future products yes, but for now I like USA(I don't own any.....yet).

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

Why settle for anything(?), I'm not bashing but this just goes to show the downside to exclusivity....Now from a prospector's point of view, this is GREAT because this will = $$$$ down the road (I've been buying up USA "on-card" auto's of the exclusive's like a rabid dog)! I've been picking up Razor exclusive's (mainly the Razor card's that do not have any USA auto's) for the dirt off my shoe's & getting change back :lol: I sure hope this keeps a goin', because I'll be doing what Brian is probably doing right now...counting the cash & laughing all the way to the bank! :D

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ryanhoward06 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I have been thinking about this and what makes Razor better then his on card USA autos?

There should be below 500 USA autos compared to over a 1,000 with Razor. Now maybe Razor's future products yes, but for now I like USA(I don't own any.....yet).

Yonder has no USA auto.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ryanhoward06 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I gotta say R.H., on this we are on the same level! However, Razor does have plenty of exclusive's that are not in USA, so it still is a good idea to grab those puppie's! :D

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
ryanhoward06 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I agree. I think USA has more upside than ever before b/c of this Razor situation.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Oh, and for the OP's question, I think Hosmer has the most MLB potential as a 1st baseman that we've seen in quite some time (not just for the 08 draft)! I think Smoak is pretty close to "the Hoz" but I am really impressed with his skill set, potential, & ceiling (as a side note, I'm invested in both Hosmer & Smoak...& pretty much all of the guy's on the list)! :D

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
ryanhoward06 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I gotta say R.H., on this we are on the same level! However, Razor does have plenty of exclusive's that are not in USA, so it still is a good idea to grab those puppie's! :D

I'm looking for the four horsemen. :)

Beef, I meant just Smoak in that example but any guy who doesn't have a USA card, I agree.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
thenextlevel said:
ryanhoward06 said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

I agree. I think USA has more upside than ever before b/c of this Razor situation.

We have no idea how many on-card Smoak/Alvarez/Hosmer there are out of USA. Plus, they look pretty bad against the Razor design, IMO (and I like both sets).

You also have to take into account the number of TOTAL USA Hosmer/Smoak on the market, between all the different USA releases. It's far greater than the Razor amount.

Alonso has no other Auto.

Members online

Latest posts