Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well, I bought it, now lets guess how rare it is.. (Tribute)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Yah, that things really need for 13 bucks. That's like an order of cheap take-out food. Good buy, even if there are 150-200 of 'em floating around.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Wow...as great looking as this set is, it's getting worse and worse.

The mispelling of Tommy on your Red 1/1. The missing embossing on cards. The supposed mess-up of jerseys on the Chipper.

I truly am starting to lose faith in Topps...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Sly said:

The mispelling of Tommy on your Red 1/1. The missing embossing on cards. The supposed mess-up of jerseys on the Chipper.

eh, i think the missing embossing is kinda cool

it's a base card that wasn't gonna be anything, that is now kinda cool

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The base card "Plain Jane" looks cool, very clean.

How many sheets are messed up; 1, 5, 10, 25? Dont forget the 1997 Mirror Blacks were a "mess up", these should be fun to watch/track.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
Sly said:

eh, i think the missing embossing is kinda cool

it's a base card that wasn't gonna be anything, that is now kinda cool

Cool from a player collectors stand-point, yes. Just like blank-backs and other weird variations. But if you're busting the product, just to bust it...that's just terrible.

Regardless, it's just more proof that the QC in this product was not very good...

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I opened 7 boxes and saw another 14 opened and only saw 1 card without the name on front and it was Joey Votto.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Chris, you didn't check to see how "rare" this was before you bought it? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny_Fail_Posters_5.jpg

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i like it. it may be that its an unannounced parallel. i was a ty cobb like that hit. whats the most of one player thats been listed?

EDIT: upon searching completed & active auctions, it looks like only one of each player has been listed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts