Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SGC Vintage or ted WIlliams collectors info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Hello

I am looking to get a 1939 Playball Ted Williams. A SGC 40 VG 3 was offered to me for $300.00.

I can not find any previous ones sold on ebay. MY goal was to monitor some sales before buying one, but this one was offered to me, and I need to let the seller know either way soon
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
MaineMule (Scott) will probably have some insight into this and help you if you contact him. Biggest/Best TW collection that I know of...

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
MojoDan said:
MaineMule (Scott) will probably have some insight into this and help you if you contact him. Biggest/Best TW collection that I know of...

THANKS for your kind words Dan ;)

Huff.....I'm by no means an expert on SGC grading and prices but do have an extensive Williams collection and do know what to look for.

I've owned my '39 for 25 years and am happy to help you look if you'd like.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
I haven't seen any recently ended SGC 40's but $300 sounds like a solid price to me. Personally, I would buy it because I obviously collect Ted Williams and could use another rookie, plus it's graded so you know it's real. If you do pick it up and ever decide to part with it let me know.

Jim

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's definitely a decent price on the grade. However, since that grade could contain a wide variety of flaws, you want to really amke sure it's a card you want to own.

Members online

Latest posts