Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old Scammer update: Brent from SCW (Tradingcardcollectables)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 13, 2008
It takes a long time - as he was charged back in 2007 - but there is a plea agreement.

A few oldsters may remember this ordeal back on the old BMB. I suspect the value mentioned in the article is much smaller than the real value that he scammed. That is just from people who had come forward with a complaint.

For those unaware of the story, this guy did a lot of presells and bait and switches on his site. People would order boxes/cases in advance. Then he would say that his distributor didn't give him enough product, or he would switch it with searched retail. It was a bad deal.

I'll be interested to see when he is sentanced as to how many years he will get.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hey Kevin Burge you watching this buddy, seems this maybe a precedent setting case, and they go after
everyone that sells fakes and swindles others.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
And as for the guy mentioned in the court document, I call he will get probation of 5 years
and no new jail time, since he maybe in jail already and would get time served.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
He didn't even get charged for what allegedly he did,

"In attempting to obtain a credit card merchant account from a business to process his credit card sales, he falsified bank statements and faxed them to the credit card processor."

He was charged and plead guilty to faxing false documents. Not ripping people off for thousands of dollars.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sean_C said:
Are there other cases pending against him?
I do not believe so this maybe a plea-bargain case where he pleads guilty to some lesser charge
and then he gets probation for time served and some hefty fine which he will never pay back!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
When the **** hit the fan about this guy - I remember it was about 2001... I remember he had posted boxes of BC for sale, I guess it was 2001 BC... and he sold them too cheaply, couldn't fulfill the orders, then jacked up the prices. I was one of those who had prebought and wound up speaking with the owner and advised him of particular legal language that he could have put on his website that would keep him off the hook should he not be able to fulfill product (i.e. allow him to provide refunds). I advised him to refund money, rather than keep it and try to get the product at a more expensive price and charge people the difference. In thanks, he sent me a few boxes of 2000 BC and refunded my $.

Brent was a complete piece of crap for what he did to others. The guy had NO business sense whatsoever.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts