Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gary Matthews to the mets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
Just saw on espn that OF Gary Matthews has been traded from the angels to the mets to platoon w/ pagan in CF while Beltran recovers from surgery. Hopefully for the mets this guy can do what he did w/ the rangers and add some desperate pop to their lineup but i dont see that happening

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
lol thank god the angels finally got rid of him, but i can't believe how much they had to suck up/pay to do so. well, actually i can :lol:

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
mchenrycards said:
ballerskrip said:
and the Angels are PAYING $21 mil of the $23.5 mil he is used.....OUCH

skrip

And they should!!

They are the idiots that offered him that kind of money. They should have made him at least a part time clubhouse guy so they can get something out of him.

They did that the past two years LOL

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Wasn't Gary Matthews Jr on the Mitchell report about roids? And that his production was never the same after the big contract.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
good riddance...he was becoming a clubhouse cancer over the last couple of years. here is how i see this playing out in 2011...

bobby abreu becomes the dh
juan rivera slides over to rf
torii sticks in cf
carl crawford is signed to a long term deal to play lf :D

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
championMan said:
Wasn't Gary Matthews Jr on the Mitchell report about roids? And that his production was never the same after the big contract.
I am not sure the roids helped him well over .300 from hitting his usual .240

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
The Mets already traded him away a few years ago, what is going to make him better the second time around?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Once again the Mets make a lateral move. This doesn't help them at all. This doesn't make their team better but makes them the same as they were.

The Mets need a new GM in order to start rebuilding.

Members online

Latest posts