Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first shipping issue with ebay seller......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
This is what I received in the mail today. The card was missing.
What sux is I paid $3.50 for shipping. A PWE & .61 postage???? :twisted:

This was one of the few remaining cards that I needed for my Dave Kingman collection.

2005 Topps Pristine Legends uncirculated bat/refractor #'d to 25.

I am so pissed. I requested a full refund.

badmail1.jpg

connerusmc86

Dec 16, 2008
Jacksonville,NC
YIKES!..looks like a little kid filled out the addresses..sorry about the PC loss, no worries though, with ebay's new listing fees starting soon, more lower end stuff will show up and hopefully you can replace the loss

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Lets see the PWE supporters now. Oh wait they avoid these topics if they cant say "Did you get the card in good condition?".

Drop a negative and explain the sellers ships in plain envelopes. Worst case scenario a scammer sees they dont use DC and takes advantage of their stupidity.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I'd highly suggest at least covering up the sellers address info. It's a little messed up to be making that public, regardless of the fact it's a bad seller...

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Sly said:
I'd highly suggest at least covering up the sellers address info. It's a little messed up to be making that public, regardless of the fact it's a bad seller...

Thought the same thing. Not cool to post peoples' addresses like that.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
was it from another country, if not i would have to say it is some stupid kid trying to make a few bucs

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
nyc3 said:
Lets see the PWE supporters now. Oh wait they avoid these topics if they cant say "Did you get the card in good condition?".

Drop a negative and explain the sellers ships in plain envelopes. Worst case scenario a scammer sees they dont use DC and takes advantage of their stupidity.

Who's to say that this didn't happen in this scenario. I understand that people get all pissy if you post a possibility, so I'll make sure I'll say this is merely a possibility and I'm in no way inferring that the OP did this. If you were a seller and shipped in a bubble mailer without DC, and someone said, "I got the envelope, and it was torn and nothing was in it." What would you say?

eBay has their rules for a reason and anyone that doesn't ship with confirmation is looking to get screwed, it seems.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
nyc3 said:

I don't think anyone "supports" PWEs, some people just don't cry about them if the card arrives in stated condition.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
The problem is also that since the envelopes are thin the go thru the sorting machine, and if the card/toploader is loose in the envelope (and sometimes even if taped) the machine will snag and tear the envelope.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
Two major issues here. Seller way overcharged for shipping seeing as how they used a PWE, and seller shipped a thick GU card in a PWE. Neg for sure.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
timfsu2k said:
Two major issues here. Seller way overcharged for shipping seeing as how they used a PWE, and seller shipped a thick GU card in a PWE. Neg for sure.

But what about gas, tolls and hair gel? :lol: these are not free you know ::facepalm:: {/}

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
i ship in PWE on store sales. (most items in my store are less than 2 bucks) ive never had an issue. I charge 49 cents for shipping, & state clearly in the listing that its PWE shipping. i offer 2.49 shipping if the buyer wants it in a bubble mailer w/ DC. on higher value cards or multi card orders ill use a bubble mailer.

Members online

Latest posts