Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Frame & A Rainbow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Finally completed my Matt Rizzotti Bowman Rainbow. I know Matt and have been collecting his cards.

The Red 1/1 had been up on eBay twice before I won it for ~$10

rizzotti-1.jpg

This custom frame holds Ultra-Pro One Touch holders. I figured that Ultra-Pros would be the safest, best looking method of display.

Thanks for looking!

Phish

May 19, 2009
Re: Custom Frame & a Rainbow!

He's a class act. He signed for me ttm last May

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

That's probably one of the nicest frames that I've seen made purely for cards. How long did it take to make? Are the one-touch holders permanently in there or could you slide them out and put other cards in?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Phish said:
He's a class act. He signed for me ttm last May

He sure is. He played on the Vermont Mountaineers, in the NECBL, a wooden bat summer league team. Christian Friedrich and AJ ******* are among others that played on the team, and Strasburg played on another team in the league.

We watched him play in the Cape Cod league and at Manhattan College.

I have a Game Used bat Rizzotti bat, and a Game Used Batting Helmet signed by the entire 2005 Mountaineers.

helmet.jpg

rizz.jpg

rizzotti.jpg

mrwhitesox30 said:
That's probably one of the nicest frames that I've seen made purely for cards. How long did it take to make? Are the one-touch holders permanently in there or could you slide them out and put other cards in?

The bottom of the frame screws on so the cards are removable.
From start to finish they could be made in around an hour. The hardest part is cutting the grooves in the frame that hold the one-touch holders so only the card is visible..

The back of the frame is open so the numbering can be seen.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Make a few more of those frames and throw them on eBay. If it took an hour, it would be pretty easy to determine if it was worth your time (after your costs). The amount it sells for minus eBay fees and materials equals your hourly wage. C'mon. Start a business already. Help solve our economic crisis!

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
man you could super size them and make frames for collections that would be sweet! Or a cheap solution to not having a show case at shows. You could just slide cards in and out of that and not have to worrie about someone stealing cards.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Thanks for the comments!

It is really easy to get the cards out in the 1X5 frame. To have easy access to the cards you really wouldn't want to have more than two or three cards down.

They could be made vertical also.

Latest posts