Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Long Does "Media Mail" Usually Take?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I have no idea why BA did this, but I found out that my Handbook was shipped last week via Media Mail. (last year they used Priority).

Needless to say it hasn't reached me as of today.

I've never had anything shipped to me using this method, and usps.com isn't telling me anything. Anyone have an approximate timetable?

BA is in NC and I live in IL.

Thanks.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
It varies quite a bit. I’ve had stuff take anywhere from 2 days to 1 month. More often than not it is 2-3 days but there is always the risk it takes longer. I think USPS told me one time to assume it would take 1-2 weeks for media mail items.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I believe that media mail is anywhere between 2- 9 business days. Which doesn't make sense because its more expensive than first class mail and can be slower.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Exposfan said:
I believe that media mail is anywhere between 2- 9 business days. Which doesn't make sense because its more expensive than first class mail and can be slower.

Still haven't gotten it as of today. I believe it's been a week now. ::facepalm::

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Still no Handbook as of today, and I'm starting to see red from anger.

Now their story is, they don't know when my books were shipped or what method of shipment was used, nor did they use any sort of tracking.

And I ordered two copies this time, too.

I've ordered this book directly from them for the past five years in a row. Never again.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jaypers said:

Now their story is, they don't know when my books were shipped or what method of shipment was used, nor did they use any sort of tracking.

I've ordered this book directly from them for the past five years in a row. Never again.
Jaypers you need to call them. Media mail is 3rd class postage, which means for the post office it is mail
that does not move fast at all, and in some case it moves only if there is space on the truck or plane.
But should be delivered in 2-14 days at the latest.

So if you ordered it in Oct and it was shipped say in Nov. Then you sure in hell should have gotten it.
As for them shipping it Media mail, it is one of the cheapest forms of shipping with the USPS, since it is concidered
to be a book, Hence the term media mail. IE Mags, Newspapers, Books, CD, Tapes. Also most of the time this is handled
3rd party and not even handled by the USPS. I think Honeywell if I'm not mistaken as a division that does 3rd class mail.
Edit I just checked and they no longer deal with it at Honeywell, some on is shipping it for them somewhere.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pine Tar said:
Jaypers said:

Jaypers you need to call them. Media mail is 3rd class postage, which means for the post office it is mail
that does not move fast at all, and in some case it moves only if there is space on the truck or plane.
But should be delivered in 2-14 days at the latest.

So if you ordered it in Oct and it was shipped say in Nov. Then you sure in hell should have gotten it.
As for them shipping it Media mail, it is one of the cheapest forms of shipping with the USPS, since it is concidered
to be a book, Hence the term media mail. IE Mags, Newspapers, Books, CD, Tapes. Also most of the time this is handled
3rd party and not even handled by the USPS. I think Honeywell if I'm not mistaken as a division that does 3rd class mail.
Edit I just checked and they no longer deal with it at Honeywell, some on is shipping it for them somewhere.

I've been calling them frequently and getting virtually no answers. All they're telling me is it was shipped along with the majority of the others, going on 2 weeks ago now.

And btw, I know people on the West Coast who ordered theirs and gotten them quite some time ago. I'm quite closer to BA than they are, too.

As for a chargeback - well, I still want the book, and no stores around here have it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok Jay just sit on it a little longer. Sometimes other seem to get fast while others don't.
My advice for you is wait until Saturday, if it does not show call your CC and tell them the story
and ask for a item not received form and file a charge back with them. Sorry you have been waiting
for the book, sucks to have to wait.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pine Tar said:
Ok Jay just sit on it a little longer. Sometimes other seem to get fast while others don't.
My advice for you is wait until Saturday, if it does not show call your CC and tell them the story
and ask for a item not received form and file a charge back with them. Sorry you have been waiting
for the book, sucks to have to wait.

As this would be my first attempt at doing this, I have to ask - wouldn't I be required to return the books once they eventually do arrive?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts