Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's the worst thing you've seen happen in a game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
This would have to be mine.

http://mikesrants.baseballtoaster.com/a ... /6459.html

tino.jpg

It's about the worst thing I've ever seen happen while watching a game. I remember flipping out when Miguel Batista pulled this crap. He literally threw a baseball as hard as he could directly at Tino Martinez's face from like a foot away...............and still missed, lol.

But what if he had hit him? He could have literally killed a man on a baseball diamond. I thin he should have been banned for a long time, maybe forever from competing in MLB for pulling this garbage.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
David Wright get hit in the head with a baseball which caused him to miss 2 weeks and come back wearing that stupid helmet.

Also watching Beltran and Mike Cameron smash head to head in the outfield a few years back was gave me chills

Beckhamcollector15

Dec 10, 2009
I was at a game a few years ago (just a kid at the time) at Comiskey Park White Sox vs Royals. A drunk dad and son ran onto the field and mauled the first base coach for KC, got quite a few punches in and he was pretty old if I remember, it was bad.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Beckhamcollector15 said:
I was at a game a few years ago (just a kid at the time) at Comiskey Park White Sox vs Royals. A drunk dad and son ran onto the field and mauled the first base coach for KC, got quite a few punches in and he was pretty old if I remember, it was bad.

I remember that. It happened a few times pretty close together I believe. The KC/Sox one though, the kid had a killer mullet if I remember correctly.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I cant recall any, but that last video you posted was sick. I totally forgot about that Coco Crisp clip.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
thenumberonemetfan said:
David Wright get hit in the head with a baseball which caused him to miss 2 weeks and come back wearing that stupid helmet.

This.

Although I didn't see the above or the next one live, also Sosa getting busted in the helmet.

But, as for something I saw live (on TV) - Hee Seop Choi colliding with Kerry Wood and suffering a concussion after his head slammed the dirt.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Beckhamcollector15 said:

I remember father and son attacking Tom Gamboa. I met Gamboa few years when he was managing Double-A Angels affiliate. Another incident at Comisky when a fan tried to attack an umpire. He received a stomping from the Twins players.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ffgameman said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

This.

Although I didn't see the above or the next one live, also Sosa getting busted in the helmet.

But, as for something I saw live (on TV) - Hee Seop Choi colliding with Kerry Wood and suffering a concussion after his head slammed the dirt.

Choi was just reckless! He is the reason Rolen has a jacked up shoulder because he's a stroke.

The Sosa helmet smash was completely brutal. That picture of it is just awesome.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:

Also watching Beltran and Mike Cameron smash head to head in the outfield a few years back was gave me chills

you were at both of those games? wow

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thegreathambino said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

If I remember correctly many people said that it sounded like a shotgun going off when their heads collided. I am sure that's an exaggeration, but I am sure it was very loud at impact.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
thegreathambino said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

I was at the first one but I saw the collision on t.v.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
thenumberonemetfan said:
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/DeanC_2006/?action=view&current=eww.flv

They're both lucky they're not in a wheel chair for life after that.

I wish I could find a video of the Tino thing. I've looked plenty of times and can't.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Sam Banks said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/DeanC_2006/?action=view&current=eww.flv

They're both lucky they're not in a wheel chair for life after that.

I wish I could find a video of the Tino thing. I've looked plenty of times and can't.

Can't find the Choi either.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I wasn't there, but my friend was at the game at PNC years back when Jason Kendall's ankle snapped as he stepped on first base. My friend was in the 5th row or so, right next to first base. He said it looked like his foot was gonna fall off!

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Dave Dravecky breaking his arm while pitching (after another break and a return of cancer the arm was amputated).

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
The first one that comes to mind is Rick Ankiel falling in to the center field wall last year against the Phillies. The way his head hit and the position he was in I thought he was going to be paralyzed.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
ryanhoward06 said:
The first one that comes to mind is Rick Ankiel falling in to the center field wall last year against the Phillies. The way his head hit and the position he was in I thought he was going to be paralyzed.

Me and like 5 friends were sitting around watching that game, and I was closest to the TV when it happened, and almost immediately I jumped up out of my seat and screamed something like "(expletive) his neck is broken!" I really thought he was going to be in a wheel chair forever after that crash. It was so nasty. I'm a huge Ank fan, and that tore my heart out to see that.

rick-ankiel-slams-face-first-into-the-outfield-wall.jpg

Members online

Latest posts