Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LA High School Sends Colts Fan Student Home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Wow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ts-jersey/

A Louisiana high school student was sent home Friday for wearing a Colts jersey to class a day after the principal encouraged the student body to wear New Orleans Saints' black and gold.

"If they tell other students to support their team, why can't I support mine?" said Brandon Frost, 17.

Frost, a senior at Maurepas High School, moved from Indianapolis three years ago.

He claims the principal pulled him out of class and addressed Frost angrily.

"I don't recall saying you could wear a Colts jersey on Black-and-Gold day," the principal said according to Frost.

"Then he started to get angry," Frost observed. "I thought I remember him saying, 'If you like Indiana so much, why don't you go back?'"

A school board member says Frost was informed he could not wear blue. Maurepas has a dress code that was relaxed strictly for Saints colors.

The Louisiana ACLU director stepped in to have Frost's disciplinary record expunged.

"Louisiana would be proud of him anyway," said Frost's father. "He wore [LSU alum] Joseph Addai's jersey."

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
On a similar note, I'm stuck in moron...err...Steelers country, so my school always had a black and gold/Steelers day. Same with a few jobs. I always wore my Cowboys jerseys through the years on these days, and took crap but never gave in. Once at a job somebody told me I couldn't do it anymore because I didn't match the rest of the staff. I put up a fight and still got to wear my TO jersey :cool:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I hope that kid gets a huge judgment or settlement from the school district and anyone else that he can that may have been involved.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Ridiculous. I get tired of schools teaching young people terrible life lessons. I wouldn't be surprised if the front office in Indy gets word of this and does something for the kid.

A month ago I was in Nashville on a shopping trip and visited some sports stores. At one of them I asked the clerk if they had an Indy lanyard and he gave me the 5th degree about how I was at a store in Nashville and not Indianapolis. Once upon a time I would've shut up and left it alone. However I went on to ask why they sell items of the other AFC South teams and pointed out how stupid it was to not sell Indianapolis items. After all, I'm sure the Titans stop what they are doing every single day and applaud small shop owner in the mall for refusing to sell anything with a Colts logo on it.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
RITM said:
Ridiculous. I get tired of schools teaching young people terrible life lessons. I wouldn't be surprised if the front office in Indy gets word of this and does something for the kid.

A month ago I was in Nashville on a shopping trip and visited some sports stores. At one of them I asked the clerk if they had an Indy lanyard and he gave me the 5th degree about how I was at a store in Nashville and not Indianapolis. Once upon a time I would've shut up and left it alone. However I went on to ask why they sell items of the other AFC South teams and pointed out how stupid it was to not sell Indianapolis items. After all, I'm sure the Titans stop what they are doing every single day and applaud small shop owner in the mall for refusing to sell anything with a Colts logo on it.
Heh, even Jeff Fisher has been known to wear a Peyton Manning jersey :lol:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Anyone that has a T.O. Jersey isn't allowed to call any fanbase 'moron' country.

It'd be interesting to see what Fans are the most intelligent...

My guess would probably go..

Seattle Seahaws
New England Pats
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Washington Redskins
Denver Broncos
Chicago Bears
New York Giants

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
pigskincardboard said:
Anyone that has a T.O. Jersey isn't allowed to call any fanbase 'moron' country.

Seattle Seahaws
New England Pats
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Washington Redskins(take this one off. they think the team will be great every year. it gets annoying
Denver Broncos
Chicago Bears
New York Giants
add the Arizona Crdinals ;)
fixed and other than that nice list

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
jeff550 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Seattle Seahaws
New England Pats
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Washington Redskins(take this one off. they think the team will be great every year. it gets annoying
Denver Broncos
Chicago Bears
New York Giants

Skins fans were right up there with Cowboys fans when they played the Panthers this year. This was despite having a terrible team and after losing to the Lions. IMO Cowboys (obviously), Skins, and Eagles fans are by far the worst and most delusional (especially Cowboys).

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
jeff550 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Seattle Seahaws
New England Pats
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Denver Broncos
Chicago Bears
New York Giants

I'm just talking about the intelligence of the fans. Washington has a lot of moronic fans, but they're pretty well educated. Thankfully Baltimore took away the really stupid ones, hohoho. Actually, I think Baltimore would be top 15.

Arizona, I'm not really sure about. They're definitely smarter than the Dallas-Ft. Worths of the world, but I think they'd be in the bottom ten. Although with the recent migration of old smart people, they appear to be getting noticeably smarter.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
::facepalm::
I truly do not understand how someone can be in a position like that (as one would assume they are "educated" and have worked in the system for some time) and do something like that. I'm not kidding - it honestly blows my mind that they would think confronting the student is a legitimate option and that there would be no repercussions.

That disbelief does make me question if there could to be more to this....as maybe he wasn't simply wearing a Colts jersey and minding his own business - or in some way it did become a "safety concern" (after being in public schools this would not be entirely surprising). If it did occur as stated in the article.....then again it gets a big ::facepalm::
and a WTF were they thinking.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
rymflaherty said:
::facepalm::
I truly do not understand how someone can be in a position like that (as one would assume they are "educated" and have worked in the system for some time) and do something like that. I'm not kidding - it honestly blows my mind that they would think confronting the student is a legitimate option and that there would be no repercussions.

That disbelief does make me question if there could to be more to this....as maybe he wasn't simply wearing a Colts jersey and minding his own business - or in some way it did become a "safety concern" (after being in public schools this would not be entirely surprising). If it did occur as stated in the article.....then again it gets a big ::facepalm::
and a WTF were they thinking.

I got the vibe from the article that it is a public chool but a public school with a specific dress code policy. With that being said it could be a school that asks for shirts with collars only and nothing with a sports logo on it. With that being said, it is an idiotic move to pull back the dress code and specify what team young people can wear. Even if the kid was screaming "GO COLTS" in the hallway between classes it could've been prevented by keeping the school policies in place. There is always a reason a policy is in place. Someone bent the policy and realized why in a hurry. If the principal did tell the kid to move back to Indiana, even joking, his tenure there is over.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
This country is a joke ::facepalm::

::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

If I were the kid, I probably would've punched the principal. Bad move ? Yes. But, if you say I'd be better in Indiana, maybe my personal thought would be that you (the principal) would be better in pain, lying on the hallway floor.

Hope the principal gets canned, stoned and run over in the running of the bulls.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
RITM - that's a great point. I've been in schools like that too, where they'll have a dress code and on Friday's sometimes have a very specific break from the code and there was little tolerance if someone was not dressed in their normal dress code or the specific theme. I've seen them make kids take their shirts or whatever off and change or actually get sent home.

If you look at the article it says "black and gold day"....not Saints day or Jersey day etc. I bet you are right with your assessment.....I totally did not think of that at first. If that is the case, then I recant my initial claims of stupidity toward the principal lol......still not sure I agree or that it was handled correctly, but not knowing the students or school it could be the type of place where they need to hold up all rules and regulations to make sure things remain stable.

Members online

Latest posts