Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It's here!! 1992 Donruss 5x7 DK Will Clark!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Well, it's the most expensive card I've ever purchased, but I love it, and its nice to mark something off my Top 5 Most Wanted List. I don't have a scanner guys, this is the best I can do. Regular card next to it for scale.

l_75ad72f154b54a9dad3732568a9a34f8.png
l_3d7b8ec4ce864d848035d9d2595e4f18.png

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Congrats. I hope to be in your shoes one day.

Just a word of advice; top loaders are not archival safe on there own, but they make 5"x7" mylar sleeves for post cards. Might be worth the $8 bucks to invest in a pack.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Crap! Anyone have an extra to spare me? I definitely want to get this into a sleeve then.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Thanks guys!

As far as the next card sliding into the top 5, its probably the 1999 Upper Deck Exclusives LEVEL 2 (serially numbered to 10)

My #1 is still the same, the 1990 Score Promo. Others in the top 5 are the Bowman Chrome Gold Anniversary of 5, Donruss Aqueous Test, and Action Packed Promo (made in different versions, but I need a couple of them).

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
sportscardtheory said:
I don't know if it is just a few people fighting it out, or what. But I have seen some pretty hefty prices being realized for Will Clark stuff on the bay lately.

Clark collectors are crazy for rare stuff. Remember during the late '80's and early '90's Beckett had Clark listed at the top of their "Hot" list a lot, maybe even a couple of years straight, showing how popular Will Clark was as a player and how many people collect him. This feeds into the fact that there are several Clark collectors with deep pockets who have been waiting 20 years for some of these cards to show up.

Again great job Nolan!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Great pickup! The Ripken is definitely in my top 5! May be in the top 3 now that I have the Aqueous and Blue/White test cards.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Congrats again on the pickup, Nolan!! Glad to see it arrived safely.

I believe this makes a grand total of three board-owned '92 supers. Here's to the hope that more of these start appearing on the market and into the hands of our player collectors.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
RL24 said:
cmixer said:
no i gotta ask - what makes this card expensive/rare ?

I wish somebody would answer this question... I'm dying to know myself!

They are incredibly rare, believed to be less than 10 of each player, but I've heard there's probably less than that, more like less than 5. Some people think they were Donruss salesman's samples for a set that never came to be.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
Since no one is answering the question, I will. It was $666.89 plus 2 for shipping.

By the way, congrats on the amazing find.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
:lol: . . yeah Josh, if Kevin Burge was selling it, I might have been worried about authenticity, but I don't think PSA is ever gonna see this one. Only the safe gets to see this one on a regular basis.

Members online

Latest posts