Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just not my week with eBay buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So I am still waiting on payment from the guy who "bought" my Percy Harvin National Treasures card that I redeemed. Now a little bit ago I get an email from the guy that bought my Pat White NT logo auto card that I put on eBay.

The situation is this: the buyer is a member of the armed forces and is stationed in Germany. So he provided me his APO address and I sent it out to him back on February 5th. I have the Customs Declaration form and post office receipt to prove it. Now fast forward to this morning, I get completely blind sided by a PayPal dispute notification from this guy saying he never received the item. So I respond and let him know I sent it out on the 5th and have documentation to prove it. He responds about 10 minutes later and says Customs Declaration forms can be filled out at the post office and not actually turned in and escalates it to a claim to get his money back.

So I provide the tracking information for the package for the second time (first time being in my first response) along with a link to the scans of the Declaration Form and post office receipt. I also looked up how long it takes for packages to arrive to APO addresses overseas and the article I found said it can take up to 8 weeks for items to arrive. Yet the guy is trying to claim I never sent the card and just took his money. Even though I have two pieces of paper and a tracking number that says the package was received and is in transit by the post office to back me up.

So what are the chances that I lose this claim and my money and card? I can guarantee if PayPal sides with him and gives him the money back he'll just keep the card when it finally arrives and claim it never in fact showed up. Will PayPal keep an eye on this and if they see that the USPS says it did indeed arrive he'll be responsible for sending it back or what?

I'm sorry for the long rant, but these two situations is really making me not want to sell on eBay anymore. I don't want to deal with all this hassle and be accused of being a liar and stealing peoples money when I never in fact did any such thing. Not only is the guy unwilling to look at the proof and believe me, he's saying I faked my proof and stole his money. :x

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
Weimer said:
So I am still waiting on payment from the guy who "bought" my Percy Harvin National Treasures card that I redeemed. Now a little bit ago I get an email from the guy that bought my Pat White NT logo auto card that I put on eBay.

The situation is this: the buyer is a member of the armed forces and is stationed in Germany. So he provided me his APO address and I sent it out to him back on February 5th. I have the Customs Declaration form and post office receipt to prove it. Now fast forward to this morning, I get completely blind sided by a PayPal dispute notification from this guy saying he never received the item. So I respond and let him know I sent it out on the 5th and have documentation to prove it. He responds about 10 minutes later and says Customs Declaration forms can be filled out at the post office and not actually turned in and escalates it to a claim to get his money back.

So I provide the tracking information for the package for the second time (first time being in my first response) along with a link to the scans of the Declaration Form and post office receipt. I also looked up how long it takes for packages to arrive to APO addresses overseas and the article I found said it can take up to 8 weeks for items to arrive. Yet the guy is trying to claim I never sent the card and just took his money. Even though I have two pieces of paper and a tracking number that says the package was received and is in transit by the post office to back me up.

So what are the chances that I lose this claim and my money and card? I can guarantee if PayPal sides with him and gives him the money back he'll just keep the card when it finally arrives and claim it never in fact showed up. Will PayPal keep an eye on this and if they see that the USPS says it did indeed arrive he'll be responsible for sending it back or what?

I'm sorry for the long rant, but these two situations is really making me not want to sell on eBay anymore. I don't want to deal with all this hassle and be accused of being a liar and stealing peoples money when I never in fact did any such thing. Not only is the guy unwilling to look at the proof and believe me, he's saying I faked my proof and stole his money. :x

That really disgusts me since he is a member of the military. You would think they are not down on the same level as usual ebay scum :oops:

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
When I got stuff shipped to my APO address in Iraq, it took 3 to 4 weeks to ever get anything. I think I got stuff in just over 2 weeks once or twice. Also, anything with a DC number just showed that it got shipped to New York and the trail ended there. Unless they've got a different system set up in Germany, they won't scan the DC label when it arrives.

That's all I've got. Doesn't really bode well for you, unfortunately. My only suggestion is maybe to show the fact that the post office guy stamped the date onto the customs form. Other than that, maybe try talking some sense into the dude. Ask him to allow one more week for the package to come or something. Remind him that there has been HEAVY snowfall here in the states and that the post offices have been closed a decent amount over the past two weeks.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Groat said:
When I got stuff shipped to my APO address in Iraq, it took 3 to 4 weeks to ever get anything. I think I got stuff in just over 2 weeks once or twice. Also, anything with a DC number just showed that it got shipped to New York and the trail ended there. Unless they've got a different system set up in Germany, they won't scan the DC label when it arrives.

That's all I've got. Doesn't really bode well for you, unfortunately. My only suggestion is maybe to show the fact that the post office guy stamped the date onto the customs form. Other than that, maybe try talking some sense into the dude. Ask him to allow one more week for the package to come or something. Remind him that there has been HEAVY snowfall here in the states and that the post offices have been closed a decent amount over the past two weeks.
Doesn't matter. He escalated it to a paypal claim so it is in their hands now.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Probably too late on the advice, but I would state in all items from here on that you will only ship within the US - nowhere overseas.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
When an issue gets escalated via PayPal, isn't one of the fields required by the seller to enter the tracking information and any subsequent documentation the item was sent?

That is how it was for me. Buyer said item never arrived, filed the claim because I didn't send him the DC#. I entered the DC# on the PayPal claim and two days later the issue was dropped.

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
Is the guy Air Force? If so, send me his name and I can send him a friendly email to give it time to get to him. Especially if he is a new military member, he may not understand that overseas mail takes a little longer. It sucks that the rest of us are portrayed as theives because of people like him. Let me know if I can help in anyway if he is Air Force.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
bradical said:
When an issue gets escalated via PayPal, isn't one of the fields required by the seller to enter the tracking information and any subsequent documentation the item was sent?

That is how it was for me. Buyer said item never arrived, filed the claim because I didn't send him the DC#. I entered the DC# on the PayPal claim and two days later the issue was dropped.

Yeah, I did provide the Customs Declaration number that is being tracked by the post office on the form once it was escalated to a claim. The buyer now has all the information I do and can drop the claim if he wants to, but I'm 99.9% certain he's not going to. He's out to get his money back and probably walk away with the card as well. He didn't seem at all interested in working things out or even believing me as I stated previously it took him all of 10 minutes after my explanation and willingness to offer proof to escalate it to a claim.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
halldogg said:
Is the guy Air Force? If so, send me his name and I can send him a friendly email to give it time to get to him. Especially if he is a new military member, he may not understand that overseas mail takes a little longer. It sucks that the rest of us are portrayed as theives because of people like him. Let me know if I can help in anyway if he is Air Force.

I honestly have no clue what part of the military he's in. All I know is he's in Flensberg, Germany based on his APO AE address.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I appreciate all the responses and suggestions, guys. This whole situation is just stupid and irritates me. The part that bothers me the most is two weeks go by without the guy even once contacting me. Didn't bother to ask if I had shipped, where his card is, do I have a confirmation number, nothing. Just bam, files a PayPal dispute claiming he never got the card and I stole his money.

The case is currently being reviewed by PayPal and my account is -$100 until the dispute is resolved. I would love to just jump ship on the PayPal account if it comes to that, but I'm still waiting on payment from the guy for the Harvin card I sold on eBay. So if he actually does end up paying by some miracle the money would end up there before I could sign up for a new PayPal account. So I'm not really not sure what to do. :cry:

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Weimer said:
I appreciate all the responses and suggestions, guys. This whole situation is just stupid and irritates me. The part that bothers me the most is two weeks go by without the guy even once contacting me. Didn't bother to ask if I had shipped, where his card is, do I have a confirmation number, nothing. Just bam, files a PayPal dispute claiming he never got the card and I stole his money.

The case is currently being reviewed by PayPal and my account is -$100 until the dispute is resolved. I would love to just jump ship on the PayPal account if it comes to that, but I'm still waiting on payment from the guy for the Harvin card I sold on eBay. So if he actually does end up paying by some miracle the money would end up there before I could sign up for a new PayPal account. So I'm not really not sure what to do. :cry:

That right there screams shady. Had a similar thing happen to me a while back and got screwed. If a card I won doesn't show up in two weeks, I am sending a friendly email asking for an update, not immediately filing a claim.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
deceptikon1978 said:
Weimer said:

That right there screams shady. Had a similar thing happen to me a while back and got screwed. If a card I won doesn't show up in two weeks, I am sending a friendly email asking for an update, not immediately filing a claim.

Yeah, I would do the same. That's why I was so blind sided and irritated by this situation. The guy didn't even make an attempt to talk to me and see what was up. Not a single bit of communication from him until I got the email from PayPal saying a buyer had opened a dispute with me over an item not arriving. I don't want to say the guy is doing it on purpose to walk away with the card for free, but that's what it kind of seems like to me. Especially when he's not willing to take proof given to him that the card was mailed and escalates it to a claim 10 minutes after I explain the situation.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I had an APO guy rip me off a few months ago i no longer ship any high dollar item out of the US without registered mail

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
What's this guy's ID? I always thought that when you shipped to a APO with DC that it would show as delivered when it arrived, is this the case or not?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Weimer if you shipped to an address other than his official Paypal address you're out of luck.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Warrens All Stars said:
Weimer if you shipped to an address other than his official Paypal address you're out of luck.

I shipped to whatever address was on the eBay order details. I'm not sure what his official PayPal address is.

Edit: I went and looked at the PayPal transaction and the same address is listed on there as well.

Members online

Latest posts