Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: WoundedDuck art - early years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
So, I'm staying with my parents for a few days for the holidays. Since I started sketching again, I decided to pull out some of my old art just for fun and thought I might post some of it if anyone is interested.....some of it really makes me laugh :D

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I'd love to see some of your old sketches! :)

Btw I got your sketch today, looks great in person thanks so much! [Check my topic a few posts down ;) ]

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Go for it. I for one love to see the development of any talent in any field, and love looking back at pieces I wrote a while back to laugh at how I thought I was competent back then, and see how far I've come. Go for it!!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Ok here we go....starting with 5th grade if I remember right

Picture026.jpg

As if you really needed the name at the top to tell who it is :p

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Here's a piece from 7th grade:
Picture027.jpg

And another random sketch that I always used to do in classes when I was bored. I just happened to keep one of them
Picture015.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
Here's a piece from 7th grade:
Picture027.jpg

And another random sketch that I always used to do in classes when I was bored. I just happened to keep one of them
Picture015.jpg
Ha, that's awesome!!

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
The next 3 are all from Junior High sometime.....not sure either 7th, 8th or 9th grade

Picture023.jpg

20" x 15"

Picture013.jpg

4" x 14"

Picture010.jpg

20" x 14"

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
These next 2 will round out the Jr. High years and are a couple of my favorites from that time frame

Picture009.jpg

8" x 10.5" the face could be better but the clothing turned out well I thought

Picture003.jpg

10" x 13" kind of the crown jewel of my Jr. High years....this one was framed

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Anyway....didn't do nearly as much work with colored pencils (prismacolors) after Jr. High......

some of those turned out good, but I figure at 28 now I could do better and maybe make some nice sketch cards in color....we'll see, I'll be expiramenting in the upcoming weeks

....on to high school stuff next

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Here's a random assignment from when I was a sophomore in high school....we were supposed to design a billboard for a company

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

I thought it would have made a cool billboard for a ski resort, but I guess teachers don't like when you use the word hell in high school :lol:
I really did get in a little trouble for it if you can believe that :(

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Great stuff! I love to sculpt, but I don't have the means now that I'm out of school. Continued to do so through college...I have 50 or 60 lbs of clay left, but no kiln! Sketching is fun too, but I've only ever done one sketch of a person and I'm not very motivated to do it. It's nice to have that kind of outlet...keep it up.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
BunchOBull said:
Great stuff! I love to sculpt, but I don't have the means now that I'm out of school. Continued to do so through college...I have 50 or 60 lbs of clay left, but no kiln! Sketching is fun too, but I've only ever done one sketch of a person and I'm not very motivated to do it. It's nice to have that kind of outlet...keep it up.

Awesome! I did take one pottery class in high school and we did some sculpting as well. The only thing that I made that I really liked was a sculpture of a fish. I'd take a pic and post it too, but it's at home and I'm with family till the 5th

few more pics coming for those that are interested.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
More fish pictures......anyone sensing another hobby of mine? :D

Matchbox 20 was right by the way :p

Picture006.jpg

14" x 12" had to draw my name in something

Picture018.jpg

11" x 8"

Picture019.jpg

I love watercolor as a medium although I never thought I was that good at it.....I may try it again and see if I can do a cool card in watercolor

Members online

Latest posts