Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon Beckham, Andrew McCutchen, or Colby Rasmus this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
CUTCH!

cutch.jpg

Mccutchen.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
All 3 are fantastic players.

McCutchen may take over the spotlight in Pittsburgh, while Beckham and Rasmus will likely be complimentary players this season.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Skorris CCBC said:

McCutchen may take over the spotlight in Pittsburgh, while Beckham and Rasmus will likely be complimentary players this season.
Agreed.

McCutchen has a good chance to have a breakout season and become the Franchise player for the pirates.

However I could see that with Beckham as well. Rasmus I believe will have a solid season, but a lot of attention will be on Pujols/Holliday combo

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
darocker80 said:
Skorris CCBC said:

Agreed.

McCutchen has a good chance to have a breakout season and become the Franchise player for the pirates.

However I could see that with Beckham as well. Rasmus I believe will have a solid season, but a lot of attention will be on Pujols/Holliday combo

That shouldn't be to hard.... should it, not trying to sound like an ass but didn't they trade off almost all the good guys there?

I know they got a few up and comers, but I agree he should have no problem becoming the franchise.

Shep :ugeek:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I think Rasmus will thrive in what looks to be a pretty intimidating St. Louis lineup. Rasmus is also a really exciting player to watch, can steal bases, plays what I think is potential Gold Glove-winning defense, and has a great arm. When he fills out, there's no reason to believe he can't put up close to Ryan Braun numbers.

As for Gordon Beckham and Andrew McCutchen, there's nothing not to like about either of them. Beckham is a prospect that not a lot of people expected to be this good this soon. But he's got a new position this year and is still young. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the transition.

And If Rasmus is exciting, then McCutchen exciting-er. No one thought he'd have this big of an impact this soon. He probably won't hit for a ton of power, but 15-20 homers isn't outside of reality. His defense needs polishing, but with his speed he can cover a lot of ground. But I think the Pirates constant rebuilding hurts his upside. Plug him in to a different lineup though...

So I'll take Rasmus for highest upside--I think he's being overlooked

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Jaypers said:
This year I'm going with Razzy.

I agree.

He's certainly due for a "breakout" but I think he's the only with a helpful lineup around him. The other 2 guys probably won't see many good pitches, especially in the 2nd half of the season, if they start well whereas the Cards' lineup is alot deeper than either of the other two teams. If I'm wrong about the rest of Chicago's offense, then Beckham could really put up some numbers.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I think Cutch will do the best overall and has the highest ceiling. I think he has the best speed, defense and is the best pure hitter of the three. I can't think of a great comp right now, but think Carl Crawford with more BB's and Gold Glove caliber defense in CF, rather than LF, maybe a tad more power.

Beckham could be the first to make an All-Star team, because playing 2B will allow him to stand out more than 3B. He was supposed to be a solid SS, so he should be atleast solid average, if not better, at 2B. With his talent and home park, he could pop 30 HR this year and eventually become the successor to Utley as the stud 2B in baseball.

I think Rasmus settles in somewhere between Mike Cameron and Grady Sizemore.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I believe that Rasmus has the most upside.

Out of the three, I think that he'll end up producing the best offensive power-numbers and provide above average defense.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
I think Cutch will do the best overall and has the highest ceiling. I think he has the best speed, defense and is the best pure hitter of the three. I can't think of a great comp right now, but think Carl Crawford with more BB's and Gold Glove caliber defense in CF, rather than LF, maybe a tad more power.

Beckham could be the first to make an All-Star team, because playing 2B will allow him to stand out more than 3B. He was supposed to be a solid SS, so he should be atleast solid average, if not better, at 2B. With his talent and home park, he could pop 30 HR this year and eventually become the successor to Utley as the stud 2B in baseball.

I think Rasmus settles in somewhere between Mike Cameron and Grady Sizemore.

I think McCutchen could be the next Cesar Cedeno but with a much longer peak.

Members online

Latest posts