Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have the chance to pick up an interesting lot of sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys I had customer come in an offer complete sets of topps heritage from 2001-2009 with both update sets. Most of the sets include all of the insert sets and af course all the short prints. What do you think a collection like this could fetch on ebay ?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
2001 - $200
2002 - $120
2003 - $150
2004 - $120
2005 - $150
2006 - $120
2007 - $100
2008 Low - $120
2008 High - $50
2009 Low - $120
2009 High - $50

Just off the top of my head though.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
$200 for the '01 set? I remember when it used to sell for $350.

Thought Heritage held its value?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
XdanX said:
JoshHamilton said:
$200 for the '01 set? I remember when it used to sell for $350.

Thought Heritage held its value?

as do i (http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Topps-Heritage ... 3a580fd2cc)

I thought the value of the others would be way more then that. The woork to compile all of these has to be worth something

Dude...no offense but there is very little money in complete sets. Even heritage. I get one every year minus shortprints from my shop for about $30. I usually try to build the rest. Even after sp's people still don't want to pay much for a completed set. Why? Why isn't the effort you put out worth any money? We all know what a pain in the ass and how much can be spent to compelte sets. What's weird is I can buy a complete set of just about anything extremely cheaper than I would pay to make it. Even if I only have to pay 18 cents a card on sportslots to finish up the last 50 cards or so...its still mega cheaper to buy a complete one on ebay. Trust me...I got burned on several sets I am currently building and now I am way too far into them to contemplet just buying a complete one. In the future this will stop. Bout the only reason I even bust any more is to bulk up my many player collections. If I didn't player collect like I do...I'd never open a single pack. Ever.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'll pay $125-$150 for a master set (red+black backs or yellow+white team names, plus SP's for years I don't have...probably $100-$110 for complete w/ SP basic sets. But I'm a huge complete set nerd.

I won't pay a penny for those retarded Jeter/red sox SSP's. They aren't part of the set and are dumb gimmicks

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Like I said, those prices were just off the top of my head, and I was guessing on the low side. I would expect those prices if I were to list those sets, and anything higher than that would be gravy. I might have been a little low on my estimate on the 01 set, but there are plenty of them available for the buying. The $300 sale seemed a little high, but then again, who knows.

As far as the insert sets included, in a Heritage sense that generally includes the 3 traditional insert subsets, Then and Now, New Age Performers, and Flashbacks. Chrome sets are not considered part of the master set.

Members online

Latest posts