Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Many People....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Have resubmitted graded cards in order to get a higher grade, receive the higher grade, and then sell the card?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Many, many, graders have done this. Some have failed while others have succeeded. The overall practice, however, only serves to highlight the extreme subjectivity and inconsistency that one pays for grading services.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I couldn't agree anymore with what you said.

The reason why I asked in the first place is because I was curious if any of the people that sold them at the higher grade disclosed in their sale/auction that it had previously been graded at a lower grade. The threads I see of people talking about dishonest sellers got me to thinking about this.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
me personally, not telling the buyer that the card had previously been a 9 instead of 9.5 isn't being dishonest....he's buying a slabbed 9.5, you know what I mean....

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
I couldn't agree anymore with what you said.

The reason why I asked in the first place is because I was curious if any of the people that sold them at the higher grade disclosed in their sale/auction that it had previously been graded at a lower grade. The threads I see of people talking about dishonest sellers got me to thinking about this.

Most buyers are paying for what they see on the slab--not what's inside.

I mean, we know pack-pulled cards that aren't trimmed are sometimes returned ungraded because of "evidence of trimming" and we know that cards that are trimmed get graded. Don't worry about disclosure because of a sub bump.

Members online

Latest posts