Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Four Month Mailday Part 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I also bought some NFL and NBA patches if anyone has interest in seeing those. I'd post them on their respective boards, but few would see them.

I bought this Jackie Robinson patch /5 last week for $350. I like the 2003 set better, but any card with a Jackie Robinson patch is a nice card to me.
JackieRobinson2004TimelessTreasures.jpg

JoeCrede2002ToppsPrimeCuts.jpg

PaulKonerko2005LeafLimitedButtonAut.jpg

I picked up one more of these, which looks like a match to the other one.
CarlosLee2005PPPPLT.jpg

CarltonFisk2005SHOTHPB.jpg

I've picked these up over the last year, and they look really nice scanned together.
CarltonFisk2006ExquisiteSOX.jpg

Most of my favorite Aparicio patches come from 2004 SP Game Used patch.
LuisAparicio2004SPGUHOFNumbers.jpg

I had the silver version, and picked up the gold.
LuisAparicio2005UDHOFHOFSeasons.jpg

I picked up one more 2003 Fleer Patchworks Licensed Apparel patch of Magglio. It's the bottom left one that looks like the left side of the MLB logo patch. It was sold as just a regular patch, so I won it for about $5.
MagglioOrdonez2003FPWLAPatchSN-300.jpg

I also got one more of this Ordonez patch for about the same price.
MagglioOrdonez2004DCDC.jpg

PaulKonerko2008UDHeroes.jpg

I picked up a bunch of buttons, mostly more modern guys due to the proliferance of buttons put out by Upper Deck this year.

I never thought I would get a Biggio button, but I figured $90 was a good price for a very popular player.
CraigBiggio2004LeafLimited.jpg

Most game-used collectors would agree that a player pictured in one uniform with the swatch from another team is annoying. I like these Schilling buttons because I think they're from the teams he's pictured with.
CurtSchilling2004LeafLimited.jpg

CurtSchilling2005PrimePatches.jpg
DaveRighetti2005DonrussSignature.jpg

GarySheffield2003LeafLimited.jpg
GarySheffield2004LeafLimited.jpg

IvanRodriguez2008UDAPOH.jpg

Thome is one of my favorite players, and I finally got a button of him.
JimThome2005PrimePatchesButton.jpg

This Griffey button only cost $75 due to a nice BIN and the live.com discount.
KenGriffeyJr2008UDBallpark.jpg

I figured the same with this Rickey Henderson button as the Biggio button.
RickeyHenderson2003LeafLimited.jpg

Normally I stick to the greats of the game, but after looking at Halladay's stats I had to get a game-use card of him. It's surprisingly hard to find a nice patch of him, so I kind of lucked myself into a button card.
RoyHalladay2008UDBallpark.jpg

TrevorHoffman2008UDAPOH.jpg
VladimirGuerrero2008UDAPOH.jpg

I've always bought vintage patches from 2004 Ultimate Collection, so I figured I would go after the set. There were several sellers on Ebay who sold off partial sets, so I managed to quickly get up to 76/89 in the set. Three of the remaining are short prints, so I probably won't buy them for several years. I have 76 different and 101 total, so if you're collecting this set and have doubles like me we could probably help each other out.

Here are the ones that I still need (I'm only looking for 2-color patches or better):
Miguel Cabrera /75
Carlton Fisk Red /18 (too expensive for now)
Carlton Fisk White /10 (too expensive for now)
Don Mattingly /75
Eddie Mathews /17 (too expensive for now)
Greg Maddux Cubs /75
Nolan Ryan Angels /75
Ozzie Smith /75
Mike Piazza /75
Paul Molitor /75
Rod Carew Angels /75
Stan Musial /75
Scott Rolen /75

AlfonsoSoriano.jpg

BrooksRobinson4.jpg
BrooksRobinson5.jpg

CarlYastrzemski2.jpg

CatfishHunter3.jpg

CatfishHunter4.jpg

CurtSchilling.jpg

DaveWinfield2.jpg

EddieMurray.jpg

GregMadduxBraves2.jpg

GregMadduxBraves3.jpg

HankBlalock.jpg

JoeMauer.jpg

JoeMorgan.jpg

JohnnyBench.jpg

JuanMarichal.jpg

KerryWood.jpg

LouBrock3.jpg

MannyRamirez.jpg

MarkPrior.jpg

MarkTeixeira.jpg

MiguelTejada.jpg

MikeSchmidt.jpg

NolanRyanAstros2.jpg

NolanRyanAstros3.jpg

NolanRyanRangers.jpg

RodCarewTwins2.jpg

RonGuidry2.jpg

SammySosa.jpg

ToddHelton.jpg

TomSeaver2.jpg

TroyGlaus.jpg

VladimirGuerrero.jpg

WarrenSpahn3.jpg

WillClarkRangers.jpg

YogiBerra2.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Wow. You have enough buttons to make 3 jerseys. Haha, anyway, incredible pick-ups as always. Are you still buying stuff currently?

zan

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Zan said:
Wow. You have enough buttons to make 3 jerseys. Haha, anyway, incredible pick-ups as always. Are you still buying stuff currently?

zan

Incuding the ones I had previously, I think I'm up to about 68 button cards. Each jersey has 6 buttons, so that's 11 jerseys worth of buttons in all. It's a lot harder to find the jerseys with the button hold in them. I probably only have a handful of those.

I'm still buying stuff as I see them pop up on Ebay. 2007 Sterling was one of my favorite sets, so hopefully I'll be picking up a few nice patches from the 2008 version.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Wow, I always love seeing the new stuff you get. I better go check out your other two threads. Thanks for sharing!

Members online

Latest posts