Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need an Opinion For A Fantasy Pick

Your Opinion, the better Pick is

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have the 3rd pick in our first round (keeper league draft) and im stuck between 4 guys to pick from.

I have some immediate needs due to injuries, and cutting down my rosters, but am leaning towards a prospect.

The four guys im chosing from are:

OF Jason Heyward (already have 5 solid OF'ers, but Beltran is on the DL)
SP Stephen Strasburg (just really hard to pass on this choice)
C Jesus Montero (wont play, but I have Russ Martin already)
RP Neftali Feliz (w/Nathan on the DL, I have Lidge and JJ Putz left, but could draft another RP later)

...I have been saying all along, I want Montero, but now, after seeing Stras perform, it's really hard to pass on him.

Im not too high on Heyward because my OF consists of: Beltran, Ethier, Hawpe, Josh Hamilton and Jay Bruce...but I could trade him

So im thinking more of Feliz to help bolster my pen, since Nathan is gone for the season, and there is the possibility of Feliz moving to the SP role later in the year.

Has anyone heard whether Stras will make the team, or Heyward? I havent, and didnt seem to find any solid info about it either.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Heyward could make the team, but Strasburg was sent down

If you need somebody to play right now then Feliz is the best choice. If you think you can hold onto Heyward and get something nice in trade go that route. Montero isn't going to be an impact right away if at all this season

~AJ

edit: Yahoo reported on Feliz news update tab, that the Rangers might send him down to pitch as a starter. So I guess you are on your own

~AJ

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Definitely go Heyward, I don't think your OF is as solid as you think & Heyward is the player out of that group that could most likely give you immediate dividend's. Also Lidge is expected to miss a week or 2 (I'm thinking longer due to Madson filling in for him & likely forcing the Phill's to stick with him at closer due to Lidge's shaky performace track record). Go see if you can grab R.Madson (Phillies RP).

Good Luck & let us know who you go with.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Out of that group, Heyward is definitely the one to make the greatest impact this year. Strasburg wont be up until May, Montero wont be up at all this year, and Feliz is likely headed to AAA for at least 2 months to start. All signs point to Heyward making the club out of the gates.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Heyward will make the most immediate impact. But I bet Strasburg is up by the all star break at the latest. Montero likely won't get the call until September, and Feliz is just a step below both Heyward and Strasburg imo.

Looking at your OF though, I think I would go with Heyward as you have some injury and consistency issues at those positions.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I think you always need to go with the best player available and ignore your needs in a keeper league. Chances are none of these guys will make a significant impact this year. In this case, I think Heyward is the best.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Im pretty confident in my OF, even with the injury risk.

Bruce had a smokin hot second half after he came back from the injury, so far Hamilton looks like hell be okay, Hawpe didnt have a problem, and neither did Ethier.

My only concern is Beltran who is already out.

I could always trade Heyward to a team that needs an OF, but, I just dont know.

I dont mind sitting on Montero, but im afraid he wont play at all unless Posada gets injured, and even then he'd back up Cervelli.

Feliz and Stras are the two im really debating about

It's hard to pass on Stras though, and I have a feeling i'll be kicking myself later for doing so.

Then again, if this is the hardest question I have to answer until Saturday, i'll be happy

:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts