Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How I spent $800 at the Chantilly Show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdsfan85

Aug 7, 2008
So I went to the show today knowing I was coming home with a card for my set the Hodges which I was standing beside Brian Gray who was buying hof 3x5's for my guess would be future products when I bought it. I then browsed around didn't see anything I wanted so I went back to Phil Marks table and we were talking and I asked if he had a 1949 Charlie Keller which was one of my top wants as he lived in the same town as I live and the 49 is a beautiful card and a High Number. $800 well spent even if I paid more then I hoped I was going to have to for the Hodges($700 cash).

138.jpg

49Keller.jpg

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Congrats on picking up the Hodges! That is a very sweet card! The Keller is pretty sharp too!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
birdsfan85 said:
So I went to the show today knowing I was coming home with a card for my set the Hodges which I was standing beside Brian Gray who was buying hof 3x5's for my guess would be future products when I bought it. I then browsed around didn't see anything I wanted so I went back to Phil Marks table and we were talking and I asked if he had a 1949 Charlie Keller which was one of my top wants as he lived in the same town as I live and the 49 is a beautiful card and a High Number. $800 well spent even if I paid more then I hoped I was going to have to for the Hodges($700 cash).

138.jpg

49Keller.jpg
Glad you got the Hodges, T. Very nice card and that is a tough/expensive one out of the way...

The Keller is a beaut as well, love how his nickname is on the front.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
birdsfan85 said:

138.jpg

49Keller.jpg

Damn... you should have said HI!....
That was a super sweet hodges!!!!!!
I would have bought that had I seen it....
BG

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
damn that is nice. i was at the show, in was the kid in the nationals jacket. had the nats logo on the back. it was a great show this year.

Members online

Latest posts