Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A HUGE shout out to Greg at Upper Deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolf324au

Jan 30, 2010
So I sent in an entire pack of '09 Ultimate Collection because all the cards were pack sealed. The hit was a Koji Uehara RC Auto /175, one of the worst hits you could pull. Waited a couple months and called for a replacement, figuring they might have a few cards available that I could use for the PC. I ended up talking to a real nice guy named Greg who hooked me up with these cards. He told me beforehand that he was sending a sweet Matt Kemp piece and an extra auto. Here's what was waiting in the mail for me today. So, if you are having issues with UD, ask for Greg!

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
What prompted the return? Was something wrong with the cards? Not totally sure what happened and how you got replacements.

On a different note, why in the world does UD still have a Kemp #3/5 just sitting there and not in packs??? ::facepalm::
Should that not have been packed out???

wolf324au

Jan 30, 2010
tommyfro21 said:
What prompted the return? Was something wrong with the cards? Not totally sure what happened and how you got replacements.

On a different note, why in the world does UD still have a Kemp #3/5 just sitting there and not in packs??? ::facepalm::

They were going to do a 1 for 1 on all the cards that were packsealed, but after a couple months I just asked for a replacement. He asked who I collected and I told him Matt Kemp and Andruw Jones. As for why they didn't pack out the Kemp, I have no idea lol.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Do you mean the cards were damaged by the machine sealing the pack?

wolf324au said:
tommyfro21 said:

They were going to do a 1 for 1 on all the cards that were packsealed, but after a couple months I just asked for a replacement. He asked who I collected and I told him Matt Kemp and Andruw Jones. As for why they didn't pack out the Kemp, I have no idea lol.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
tommyfro21 said:

They keep a certain % of the entire print run. So it is expected that there will be some low numbered cards that are kept for redemptions

schmidtfan20 said:
too little too late. Where has CS like this been for the past 10 years?

congrats!

Kevin

They have plenty of cards left over after all the employees cherry picked the good ones.... :evil:
Upper Deck is closing its doors with all our redemptions in its trash. :twisted:

Hey Upper Deck you screwed the collector for so long,
I'm glad to see you on the unemployment line! :D
Maybe you can trade one of those worthless white card redemptions
for some milk! :lol:

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
too little too late. Where has CS like this been for the past 10 years?

congrats!

Kevin

Apparently they were on the phone dealing w/ me. I've never had a problem w/ UD CS replacements, redemptions (long but got everything) updates on cards etc. They have always been stellar.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
funny, ive been waiting for a damaged card replacement for a year. when i call, they "are working on a replacement."

yeah, sure they are.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
So basically..

You can take a fork and bend some cards that you don't like..

Send them back in..

Claim machine damage..

and get roughly 10 times their value in return?

AWESOME.

Honestly,

If you're going to hold back cards.. DONT NUMBER THEM.

If you mark a card 3/5, there should be FIVE CARDS in the product. If you want to HOLD BACK a card from each player subset, go ahead and mark them all /4. Have the returns and redemptions UNMARKED or always hold back #0/4 and #00/4 or something.

People will chase for a Babe Ruth Autograph, and honestly, who's to say that it wasn't held back?

It should be disclosed at the time of release, what was held back.

Ta Da!

Latest posts