Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Mayberry Jr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Why does he get no collector love. He is the AAA player of the week. Yes he is 26 an has no clear path to the majors in Philly. But you would think that his chrome auto's would sell for more then a few bucks.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
You responded to your own question: he is in AAA and already 26, and he failed last year when he got his chance. He could be a late boomer but i think the hype is long gone.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
LOL i hit post an reread my post an i also was like "i answered my own question". Just was seeing what other ppl thought. I think he will play in the majors this season. Phillies always have injury problems or they will showcase him to trade. I think a trade to the AL would benefit him the most with an extra roster spot for a DH.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
t3dudek said:
LOL i hit post an reread my post an i also was like "i answered my own question". Just was seeing what other ppl thought. I think he will play in the majors this season. Phillies always have injury problems or they will showcase him to trade. I think a trade to the AL would benefit him the most with an extra roster spot for a DH.

I wouldn't count him out yet. Anything can happen, i.e. Ryan Howard and Nelson Cruz.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
I saw him a couple times at AA. He has a really long uppercut swing. It's powerful but doesn't make consistent contact. I never thought he'd stay above AAA.

Latest posts