Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Sterotypes. Why do they have to be true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

This was my first ever negative on eBay...welcome to the club, right? :)

I really wanted to give this Korean bidder a chance to win an auction of mine a month and a half ago, since it was a lot of Korean players. All low-end stuff.

So he won it, and paid. A month later I get an email:

"i didn't received your cards so i will give u negative feedback and complain to ebay & paypal regard <name>"

He followed through on his threat a day later, with no response to my reply. I even offered to prove to him that I sent the cards. He never gave me a chance to refund him. He also left similar feedback to TWO other auctions.

The worst part is, because of this, I will never ship to Korea again. Either he's lying, or the Korean postal service sucks. Can't trust anything there now, either way.

So, I will now ship anywhere, except Korea... :cry:

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Try getting your first negative because you didn't respond to their once-a-day 'Where's my card at?' email. Dude paid on a Thursday night, his card shipped out the following Monday, DC says it was received on the following Thursday, so one week from when payment was sent to card in hand. Leaves me with two negative feedbacks (because he won two cards) because I didn't respond to this emails. His emails started on Saturday afternoon, so less than 48 hours after he paid. Then a constant stream everyday until the following Thursday when he receives the cards and decides to go buck wild on my feedback. He put a zero stars across the board and he actually GOT his cards within a week. Some people will never be happy nothing you can do about it. As for your situation, that's why I would never ship overseas, unless I had a sick patch or Auto of Ichiro, Nomo, Iwamura, Shoo, Matsui, etc. and figured the risk/reward would even out.

marterburn

Joshua.Roundtree said:
Try getting your first negative because you didn't respond to their once-a-day 'Where's my card at?' email. Dude paid on a Thursday night, his card shipped out the following Monday, DC says it was received on the following Thursday, so one week from when payment was sent to card in hand. Leaves me with two negative feedbacks (because he won two cards) because I didn't respond to this emails. His emails started on Saturday afternoon, so less than 48 hours after he paid. Then a constant stream everyday until the following Thursday when he receives the cards and decides to go buck wild on my feedback. He put a zero stars across the board and he actually GOT his cards within a week. Some people will never be happy nothing you can do about it. As for your situation, that's why I would never ship overseas, unless I had a sick patch or Auto of Ichiro, Nomo, Iwamura, Shoo, Matsui, etc. and figured the risk/reward would even out.

god, I'm glad that guy hasn't won any of my auctions.

I think this Korean guy also asked for freebies right after he won the auction...yep, here's the email he sent right after he won:

hello great seller :)
i paid the money by paypal
i wish a great feedback
and plz give me a some bonus cards
if you give me a bonus cards? i will give five star feedback and i'm looking for your items always... also make a favorit seller
thanks god bless you
have a nice day~

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
daveyou said:
i would like to apologize for my people

dave

your gonna need to do more than that fella, hop on a plane and straighten this
BS out !!!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
boomo said:
daveyou said:
i would like to apologize for my people

dave

your gonna need to do more than that fella, hop on a plane and straighten this
BS out !!!

honestly, even i dont ship to korea. north or south. lol

op, sorry bud....honestly, there are no countries that are safe when it comes to shipping.....been screwed by em all myself....

dave

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
that's too bad. all of my bad experiences have been w/US buyers/sellers though, so stereotypes aren't always true.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I've sold to buyers in Korea about a dozen times and have never had a problem. The only countries outside of the US that I have had problems with and will never mail to are Taiwan and China. I've had about 3 different ebayers(all from the US)try to tell me their items weren't delivered and ask for a refund. I've printed all my labels through paypal for the past couple of years and they of course always have a DC#. When I responded back with the DC# and told them it verified on the USPS website that it was delivered, all 3 responded back within a few days that they "found it". Just idiots trying to work the flawed system to their advantage as this idiot probably is. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Members online

Latest posts