Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AFLAC Autos...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
With the tremendous jump in AFLAC auto prices for guys like Heyward, Freeman etc. Do you think that AFLAC autos are slowly gaining market-love from prospectors and non-prospectors alike? I know they are considered "inserts" but are they gaining legitimacy in the hobby as one of the "THE" Auto/RC's to get for specific players?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I believe people are taking to them more. Going through some of my watched items on eBay I noticed that a couple of months ago Matzek's AFLAC was going for around $27 while his Chrome Auto was going around $18. Now they are getting around $37 while the Chrome has barely shifted, maybe a couple of bucks.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I think the "turning point" with these cards are when people saw the $$$ buyers were paying for Heyward's AFLAC auto and realized that these cards are "legit" and now they are starting to throw money at other AFLAC autos...

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Heywards sig is different on those. I don't know if that makes a difference as well. It's like the different Mantle signatures pre/post show era.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
jbhofmann said:
Heywards sig is different on those. I don't know if that makes a difference as well. It's like the different Mantle signatures pre/post show era.

Nah, absolutely nothing to do with it. People are just realizing that the AFLAC auto is his "first" card with a certified auto...

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
jbhofmann said:

Heyward's autos are definitely nicer on the AFLAC's - it's his full signature. I personally like that better, and I'm sure anyone who collects Heyward would also appreciate it more.

Topnotchsy said:
I believe people are taking to them more. Going through some of my watched items on eBay I noticed that a couple of months ago Matzek's AFLAC was going for around $27 while his Chrome Auto was going around $18. Now they are getting around $37 while the Chrome has barely shifted, maybe a couple of bucks.

That's because some of my fellow Matzek collectors & myself will pay more for an Aflac auto which is a clean letter for letter auto rather than that shatty chrome auto which looks like he was drunk when signing.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Generally speaking I like the AFLAC autographs but the problem I see is that many of the autographs smear or bubble so the quality suffers. They need to change pens or the surface of the cards to make the autograph affix better.

Tom

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Tom Oates said:
Generally speaking I like the AFLAC autographs but the problem I see is that many of the autographs smear or bubble so the quality suffers. They need to change pens or the surface of the cards to make the autograph affix better.

Tom

Luckilly, that only happens to a handful of the players. Most have pretty clean autos!

I'm starting to love AFLAC autos purely as an investment card. They are sharp and people realize and factor in that in most cases, that is their "first" card produced...and it's signed!

Members online

Latest posts