Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay problem. Anyone ever had this happen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Had an item up with a B.O. and a few days ago a buyer sends an offer to me that I felt was a little low so I sent him a couteroffer. Well today I check my listings and see my item sells for its original BIN of $155. After I send the invoice I get an email with a question from the buyer saying:

I don't know what I did but I was looking at the item on my blackberry and it said I bought the item for 155. This was an error as soon as I can get to my computer I'll remedy this. Not sure how to do it on the blackbery. Sorry for the inconvenience

After checking, this was the guy I sent the counteroffer to. So, what should I do now?

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
If he was attempting to purchase the card at your counter price then just do a mutual agreement not to complete the transaction and send him an invoice though paypal for the total price. Either way your out of your ebay listing fee.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Thanks. What sucks is right before he hit the buy it now, someone else sent me a higher offer than what I had sent to this guy.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
jpruitt2 said:
Thanks. What sucks is right before he hit the buy it now, someone else sent me a higher offer than what I had sent to this guy.
I think you can still contact that other person and reach an agreement. Or relist it and I think that you won't have to pay the relisting fees since the first listing was a mutual agreement to cancel and therefore you shouldn't have to double pay listing fees.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Probably a similar glitch here - when I win cards for a best offer lower than the original BIN, my computer at home shows me winning it for the correct price, but my blackberry shows that I won it for the original BIN, even if I've already paid for it.

Latest posts