Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I have this really nice item to give away...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Hmm... You could ensure a regular gets it by saying that everybody who posted on the football boards in the last day or two is entered in some sort of drawing.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Have all of the regulars pick a 3 digit number and whoever comes closest without going over wins the item based off of the 3 digit lottery drawing (night or day) from one of the 50 states. I was going to say Alabama since that's where you're at, but it doesn't look like they have a website. I know PA has website, I assumed they all did.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
What about something like your Christmas contest - post a link to your Photobucket showing you collect Player X?

Or is it something more along the lines of unopened wax to give away? In that case, maybe "why is so and so your favorite player?"

Or something like "Which player from this year's draft will you focus your collection on and why?"

I don't know - simple stuff like that works for me. Probably because I'm simple.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I was going to agree with the anyone who posts in football over a set amount of time can be entered, but since that would probably be a pain, I have another idea.
So if the idea is to make sure a football regular gets it, how about this:

You can start a contest thread, members post there, but to be eligible you have to be most active in the football forum.
All you have to do is click on the profile button and check that football is their "most active forum".

Or since my idea is so great you can just give me the prize. :D

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Maybe just have people post some kind of proof they're a football collector. Maybe just randomly pick a winner from the thread who proved it. Whatever you do, it's gotta be good, I'm sure.

mstng99tim said:
Have all of the regulars pick a 3 digit number and whoever comes closest without going over wins the item based off of the 3 digit lottery drawing (night or day) from one of the 50 states. I was going to say Alabama since that's where you're at, but it doesn't look like they have a website. I know PA has website, I assumed they all did.
Alabama has computers?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Yeah, just give it to me :lol:

Seriously, no scavenger hunts please, that is my lone request.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
Drop vague hints about the subject of the item. Put a minimum post requirement for people to make guesses...

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Give it to the guy who has the most posts on the football board :D Or better yet the most posts in the shortest amount of time or I can just save you time and say I win

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
rymflaherty said:
You can start a contest thread, members post there, but to be eligible you have to be most active in the football forum.
All you have to do is click on the profile button and check that football is their "most active forum".

This. Then just randomize a winner.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
deceptikon1978 said:
rymflaherty said:

Yea do this one.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Seiya said:
deceptikon1978 said:
rymflaherty said:

Yea do this one.

Doesn't work I have posted so many times that the thing gave up

Last visited: Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 pm
Total posts: 16815
[1.93% of all posts / 37.79 posts per day]
Search user’s posts

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
J-Rod said:
Seiya said:
deceptikon1978 said:
rymflaherty said:

Yea do this one.

Search user’s posts
Ditto.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

Search user’s posts

:lol:

Well I think anyone that's posted enough to break the system deserves to be included regardless of where they post.

Seriously though, after I posted that idea I was hitting profile in the football posts, and saw that with you and Card Magnet and was wondering what was up.......guess that explains it.

Members online

Latest posts