Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need help..has anyone ever taken sticker off the card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
so heres the deal, im talking to this guy about buying a card with six autos on it...only thing im kind of so so about is the fact that 4 of the stickers are clear and look ver nice (for sticker autos that is) and two are the ugly silver ones...now my question is is it possible to take the two silver stickers off without harming the card and replacing with two clear stickers of the same players from another card?

any help would be appreciated thanks.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
sounds too risky for a card of any value and also some would call the card "fake" since it is not preserved in it's original state

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Ive seen some trash Upper Deck crap that has say 2 clear autos and 2 silver sticker ones on 1 card. got a scan?

not going to post a picture untill i know for sure i get it but yes it is from upper deck haha another thing im worried about is that the sticker wont stick back to another card

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
KOBEARODLT said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Ive seen some trash Upper Deck crap that has say 2 clear autos and 2 silver sticker ones on 1 card. got a scan?

not going to post a picture untill i know for sure i get it but yes it is from upper deck haha another thing im worried about is that the sticker wont stick back to another card

scotch tape it
on a side note, your always so damn secretive. wont show the card. wont show your bucket. why even scan cards in?

edit: maybe try taking the sticker off a cheap auto for practice/and or to see if it is still sticky after being taken off

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
If you can get the stickers off, instead of replacing with a clear sticker, get the player to sign on-card.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Yes it is possible. How old is the card? Reason I ask is that depending on how long the silver sticker has been on the card, that will determine the amount of residue left when you peal it off. Silver stickers leave a different type of residue than clear stickers.

It's entirely possible to peal the stickers off though, I've done it to two 1/1's (see Brock in sig) and had the player sign the cards, with NO damage whatsoever to the card if you do it right. I have a video of how I do it if interested.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Use a sticker remover to take the sticker off of the card.

If the surface of the card won't absorb liquid it would work I would think, but I don't know if I would do it to a high dollar card.

Also, it may remove the auto from the sticker, I'm not sure.

Members online

Latest posts