Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Check out this shill.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
looks like over the last 30 days or so, he is winning over 50% of his own auctions.

In the end he is likely losing do to ebay fees.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
How stupid can you be to leave hundreds and hundreds of feedback for the account with no other feedbacks received..... ::facepalm::

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
bouwob said:
looks like over the last 30 days or so, he is winning over 50% of his own auctions.

He may mutually agree to cancel the transactions which would save him some money. But if he was so bold to do that you'd think eBay would notice hundreds of canceled sales.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Jastermereel said:
bouwob said:

He may mutually agree to cancel the transactions which would save him some money. But if he was so bold to do that you'd think eBay would notice hundreds of canceled sales.

eBay doesn't care about shilling. My friend won an auction that was blatenly shilled. He refused to pay and the seller actually had enough balls to open a non payer dispute. My friend responded that he would not pay for a shilled auction. The shill account had 40 feedback all from the seller and 100% activity on over 100 items for the past 30 days. eBay said there was not enough evidence to support shilling. ::facepalm::

netbb

May 8, 2010
I am the seller. I just registered because of this thread. The person who bids on these auctions lives in New York. I have been selling here in Va. Beach since 1999 and about two years ago he won some auctions and has been bidding here and there ever since. I do not know why he doesn't bid on anybody else. I've never asked. I give him very discounted shipping because he has become a regular bidder. I assure you every card he ever won was mailed to him and beyond his name and address I know very little about him, although I can tell by his bids that he is indeed a Yankee fan. I have been reading FCB since near the beginning and I figured one day this might come up because of how it appears, but in this case it is not. I'm certainly not going to tell him to stop bidding! Also, for every Rivera card that goes for a little more, he gets some at great prices that no one competes with him. Which is why I prefer auctions 99% of the time. You never know what will happen. I am a teacher who sells a few cards for the fun of it. Not some master shill bidder of 95 cent cards. - David

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
:cough: ip ban coming shortly :cough:

Thats not gonna happen,he has every right to be here.

Also after doing a little more investigation the "shill" buyer doesnt seem to have any collecting habbits that I could discern based off of the items won. But many, many, many of the items won are items where there was only 1 bidder.

This either makes netbb an utterly stupid shill bidder or he may be speaking some truth.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
bouwob said:
kdailey4315 said:
:cough: ip ban coming shortly :cough:

Thats not gonna happen,he has every right to be here.

Also after doing a little more investigation the "shill" buyer doesnt seem to have any collecting habbits that I could discern based off of the items won. But many, many, many of the items won are items where there was only 1 bidder.

This either makes netbb an utterly stupid shill bidder or he may be speaking some truth.

I was just making a joke if it was a second account made. My cousin created an account here from my PC and I got IP banned. It all worked out though.

Even if netbb isn't shilling, this buyer IS costing him bids...case in point (ME). I know most/all of the regular Bo Jackson bidders (Spenor, kb12859, princess4bo, graytiger, etc.) from before they started hiding usernames to make shilling easier to detect. When this bidder took the high bid away from me, I checked his FB, cancelled my SNIPE, and didn't bid any further just because it looked fishy. I would buy from netbb, but you must be vigilant on E-Bay to keep from getting scammed in plain view. I wish netbb luck because not everyone's on FCB or will ever read this thread.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Yeah right. After bidding freely for 8 years on eBay he mysteriously, in mid 2008, decides that you will be his sole provider of sports cards and doesn't bid on anyone else's stuff since.

netbb said:
I am the seller. I just registered because of this thread. The person who bids on these auctions lives in New York. I have been selling here in Va. Beach since 1999 and about two years ago he won some auctions and has been bidding here and there ever since. I do not know why he doesn't bid on anybody else. I've never asked. I give him very discounted shipping because he has become a regular bidder. I assure you every card he ever won was mailed to him and beyond his name and address I know very little about him, although I can tell by his bids that he is indeed a Yankee fan. I have been reading FCB since near the beginning and I figured one day this might come up because of how it appears, but in this case it is not. I'm certainly not going to tell him to stop bidding! Also, for every Rivera card that goes for a little more, he gets some at great prices that no one competes with him. Which is why I prefer auctions 99% of the time. You never know what will happen. I am a teacher who sells a few cards for the fun of it. Not some master shill bidder of 95 cent cards. - David

That's very suspicious! I used to turn in shill bidders on a weekly basis before E-Bay made it easier to diguise their actions with coded usernames (under the pretext of privacy protection). If it looks like a dog and barks like a dog, E-Bay will still say there's not enough evidence to stop a seller from calling it a cat (or a 1/1). :lol:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I didn't want to start another thread on this with another (different) couple of ebayers, so I added to this one, kinda making this into a stickey. I filled a report, really wonder what will happen here...now if this isn't suspicious, I don't know what is. Anyone else agree?

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 420
Items bid on: 164
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tin&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=10&_rdc=1

nbailey

Apr 2, 2010
Neither of these cases is shilling, just examples of the eccentricities of the human race.

In the first (much debated case), the buyer consistently bids $1 on cards that start at $0.95 (winning a lot). Sometimes if they are outbid, they will increase their bid to win, but often they don't - resulting in the card being won at $1.25. No evidence at all that they are trying to inflate the price of the auctions. In the first link provided (the Mo card) they weren't even the 2nd highest bidder - how the hell can they be accused of shilling an auction where 2 people outbid them??

In the brand new case, the "shiller" won every auction that I checked (at least 10). They clearly were bidding to win, not inflate the prices.

Both of these cases are weird, but it just looks to me like they've found themselves a favorite seller.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts