Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please help! Anybody busting wax have this problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jboo

Jan 27, 2010
Hey guys, I bought some 2002 topps Hobby wax. I planned on busting it to get some Mauer rookies. However, all of the cards are stuck together. When you flex them to seperate them you are actually tearing them away from each other, causing damage to the cards! They are basically worthless! Is there any way that I can get them apart without wrecking them? Warming them perhaps? Please help!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i just moved this from the misc forum so im bumping to see if anyone can help. i know ive had this problem with older cards but not to the point where it was ripping the cards.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Unfortunately this does become an issue with older cards that were fairly glossy.

I've found that tapping the bottom or sides of the cards against a table helps loosen them up a bit, usually not damaging them.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
while they're still in the packs, I'll pinch, squeeze, and slightly bend to work them apart. Spend about 20 seconds molesting the pack, and that's about the best you can do.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I put mine in the microwave for a couple of seconds and the paper expanding usually loosens them. Sometimes I put a bowl of hot water in there too. Not enough time to ruin the cards, but sometimes will unstick them.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
GarkoCollector said:
I put mine in the microwave for a couple of seconds and the paper expanding usually loosens them. Sometimes I put a bowl of hot water in there too. Not enough time to ruin the cards, but sometimes will unstick them.

Anyone ever microwaved a sealed foil pack of baseball cards?

Sound fun!

Members online

Latest posts