Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When is the Bowman Sterling release date?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I didn't realize that there were singles on Ebay already, when is the release date?

What are your thoughts on the cards???

I am not sold on the design at all... They look like SOTF autos to me.

skrip

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I was checking out the Carlos Santana earlier, and actually thought it was a SOTF...I am not sold on the design of them at all..They do have some nice dual autos this year though it looks like.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I think they look terrible. The set doesn't really have anyone that stands out to me either. If Tillman is indeed in it, it will be better, but even so for that price- I want a good checklist.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
thefasterblade said:
I think they look terrible. The set doesn't really have anyone that stands out to me either. If Tillman is indeed in it, it will be better, but even so for that price- I want a good checklist.

Tillman IS in it... ;)

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Russ S. said:
thefasterblade said:

Tillman IS in it... ;)

0075.jpg

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
richezOne said:
Guess it was just a rumor...
but I thought word was they were gonna be on card autos?

That's for 2009. Allegedly.

In my opinion, the brand has dropped in a negative way since 2004.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Curious and being totally lazy, but which hitters have autos in 2008 BS that are not in 2008 BDP?

I know Carlos Santana has an auto for sure, but don't know who else

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
phillyfan0417 said:
the set may have dropped but the '07 release has some significant first auto cards in it...

Significant as current prospects are concerned, sure: Travis Snyder, David Price, Matt LaPorta, Bumgarner, Vitters...Lincecum and Chamberlain have a ton of 2007 stuff.

2004 was great both with content and design but aesthetics aside I think 2006 was the best checklist thus far. Braun, Maybin, Upton, Kershaw, Hochevar (still think he'll be a star), Longoria, Gordon.

Once the sticker autographs, rookie logo stuff and dual autos were inserted the product became less exciting. I don't know why Topps had to tinker so much. Anyway, going by on-card autographs alone, I'm looking forward to 2009.

Members online

Latest posts