Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upcoming product to include Saddam Hussein Cut Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
I remember controversy with the Allen & Ginter criminal set and the Fidel Castro Cut Auto being written on... so what's going to happen with this one?

Product is 2010 Razor Cut Signature Edition; the card is a dual cut with Hussein and George Bush Sr.

And I really didn't intend to make a Razor bashing thread but I have a feeling that's what will happen.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Watt said:
I remember controversy with the Allen & Ginter criminal set and the Fidel Castro Cut Auto being written on... so what's going to happen with this one?

Product is 2010 Razor Cut Signature Edition; the card is a dual cut with Hussein and George Bush Sr.

And I really didn't intend to make a Razor bashing thread but I have a feeling that's what will happen.

I'm guessing it will pull some coin. If I pulled it, I'd sell it w/ an auction house and not on ebay.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Watt said:

I don't think that Razor is endorsing Saddam Hussein. It's a valuable autograph and put into a card with a former present. . . I wouldn't be offended by a ****** autograph cut either. The manufacturer is simply selling an autograph of mass murderers.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
justinmandawg said:
Watt said:

I'm guessing it will pull some coin. If I pulled it, I'd sell it w/ an auction house and not on ebay.

+1 on that.

I have mixed feelings about an auto like this being in a set but I certainly know that it is not a piece I would want in my collection.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I agree. I think it should be looked at objectively for what it is: a hard to obtain auto. It has historical significance if anything.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Remember the guy that got Saddam TTM a couple weeks before his execution???? Who was that???

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Jeff N. said:
Watt said:

I don't think that Razor is endorsing Saddam Hussein. It's a valuable autograph and put into a card with a former present. . . I wouldn't be offended by a ****** autograph cut either. The manufacturer is simply selling an autograph of mass murderers.
I'd love to have a ****** auto, nothing wrong with this move by Razor at all, I wish more controversial cut autos were put out like this

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I remember the Castro I was ticked someone ruined it. Like it or not it is a auto of historical significance. I personal would love a auto of one of those guys my wife is a huge WW1 and WW2 buff and she would flip out for a auto by ******. I can see where some people would be upset but is not indorsing the acts only giving a chance of someone putting some history in the collection.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Jeff N. said:
Watt said:

I'd love to have a ****** auto, nothing wrong with this move by Razor at all, I wish more controversial cut autos were put out like this

You'd "love" to have a ****** auto?

Wow. Just wow.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Crash Davis said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1mry20k5]
Watt said:

Wow. Just wow.[/quote:1mry20k5]

+1.

I'd love to PULL a ****** auto, so I can get that thing to eBay as soon as I could to get it out of my possession. However, the thought of owning it is somewhat repulsive.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Whether or not they have historical significance, autograph of mass murderers do not belong in collectible card products. Ever.

How about the US Presidents that have been involved in the deaths of Native Americans, the imprisonment of Japanese Americans, owning slaves, etc.?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jeff N. said:
[quote="Crash Davis":hacbui6o]
sdsportsfan1214 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":hacbui6o]
Watt said:

Wow. Just wow.[/quote:hacbui6o]

+1.

I'd love to PULL a ****** auto, so I can get that thing to eBay as soon as I could to get it out of my possession. However, the thought of owning it is somewhat repulsive.[/quote:hacbui6o]

Agreed.

According to a quick internet search, Hussein is responsible for as many as 150,000 deaths. One Hundred Fifty Thousand.

And ****** is responsible for as many as 17 MILLION deaths. Think about that.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone could want an autograph of one of the most horrible people to ever walk the earth.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Hi, Guys...

Just to share our thoughts, we agree the inclusion of a Saddam Hussein Cut by itself would be in poor taste.
However, we believe that the coupling of the cuts is a historical card chronicling an event in which these 2 figures were historically central figures. In no way do we endorse the behavior of this lunatic. However, we celebrate George H.W. Bush's commitment to stamp out this terror at all costs. This card is a celebration of that. This card is the ultimate autographed collectible of the Gulf War.

If this card isnt for you, sell it and donate the proceeds to the troops. I personally will make a contribution to that cause should the person who pulls it choose to sell for the benefit of the troops.

BG

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
The only problem I have with the card is: Why a dual with Bush Sr?
W was in office when they got him.
I'd rather see it as just a single cut auto.

And if someone's going to go ahead and do a historical cuts kinda set and go as far as Hussein, why not go further. Would the set be terrible if it was comprehensive enough to include the likes of Mussolini, Stalin, Marx, ******, Gadafi, Trotsky, Mao, Napoleon, Ayatollah, etc etc etc?
It's History - there's good and bad, and terrible. It shouldn't be avoided just because it's offensive to some folks.

Now the serial murder thing - that's more gross than significant. Just my opinion, but world leaders and political history villains have a more valid reason to be included in a cut autograph set than Manson, Dahmer and Gacy.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:
The only problem I have with the card is: Why a dual with Bush Sr?
W was in office when they got him.
I'd rather see it as just a single cut auto.

And if someone's going to go ahead and do a historical cuts kinda set and go as far as Hussein, why not go further. Would the set be terrible if it was comprehensive enough to include the likes of Mussolini, Stalin, Marx, ******, Gadafi, Trotsky, Mao, Napoleon, Ayatollah, etc etc etc?
It's History - there's good and bad, and terrible. It shouldn't be avoided just because it's offensive to some folks.

Now the serial murder thing - that's more gross than significant. Just my opinion, but world leaders and political history villains have a more valid reason to be included in a cut autograph set than Manson, Dahmer and Gacy.

Trust me... we will NEVER do Manson, Dahmer, Gacy,etc...
We have done Mussolini and would do Napoleon.
We also did a Charles Guiteau/James Garfield (president and his assasin, as this too is hiostorical).
We have to draw the line somewhere, so you can pretty much count on NEVER seeing a ****** cut from our company.
BG

Members online

Latest posts