Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Jim Callis Presents - Mock Draft V 1.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Here is the first edition of his four Mock Drafts. The next one is probably a couple of weeks away.

The content is subscriber only, so feel free to PM me if you want to read the dirty details.

Here's the list, though.

Mock Draft: May 14

Jim Callis' look at how the first round will shake out

By Jim Callis
May 14, 2010

1. NATIONALS: Bryce Harper.

2. PIRATES: Drew Pomeranz.

3. ORIOLES: Jameson Taillon.

4. ROYALS: Manny Machado.

5. INDIANS: Zack Cox.

6. DIAMONDBACKS: Deck McGuire.

7. METS: Yasmani Grandal.

8. ASTROS: Stetson Allie.

9. PADRES: Nick Castellanos.

10. ATHLETICS: Chris Sale.

11. BLUE JAYS: Michael Choice.

12. REDS: Christian Colon.

13. WHITE SOX: Josh Sale.

14. BREWERS: Brandon Workman.

15. RANGERS: Bryce Brentz.

16. CUBS: Karsten Whitson.

17. RAYS: A.J. Cole.

18. ANGELS: Dylan Covey.

19. ASTROS: Brett Eibner.

20. RED SOX: Anthony Ranaudo.

21. TWINS: Alex Wimmers.

22. RANGERS: Kolbrin Vitek.

23. MARLINS: Ryan LaMarre.

24. GIANTS: Yordy Cabrera.

25. CARDINALS: Matt Harvey.

26. ROCKIES: Jesse Hahn.

27. PHILLIES: Gary Brown.

28. DODGERS: Justin O'Conner.

29. ANGELS: Seth Blair.

30. ANGELS: Sammy Solis.

31. RAYS: Tyrell Jenkins.

32. YANKEES: Kyle Parker.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
The Angels are going to make out like bandits again this year. Second straight draft, i believe, in which they have had back-to-back picks. They have 18, 29, and 30. Lots of good stuff should be coming their way, though I know nothing of those guys. I think the Cardinals would get a steal in Matt Harvey, though, if he does fall that low. I like him a lot.

Ant

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
aminors said:
The Angels are going to make out like bandits again this year. Second straight draft, i believe, in which they have had back-to-back picks. They have 18, 29, and 30. Lots of good stuff should be coming their way, though I know nothing of those guys. I think the Cardinals would get a steal in Matt Harvey, though, if he does fall that low. I like him a lot.

Ant
Agreed on Harvey. Harper, Taillon, Pomeranz, Cox and Harvey are tghe only ones i ahve heard of.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
He's far from the first to predict it but I have a really hard time seeing the Jays take Choice.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bballcardkid said:
I asked Callis a few weeks ago if he thought Kevin Gausman was a first round talent, and he said emphatically, yes. I'm suprised he's not on this list.

BA released their updated Top 50 Draft Picks list yesterday. Gausman was # 43.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Where does Justin O conner project in the field? I know he catches, SS, and Pitches.

He lives very close to me and Indiana HS players are rarely at the top of the MLB Draft.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
I asked Callis a few weeks ago if he thought Kevin Gausman was a first round talent, and he said emphatically, yes. I'm suprised he's not on this list.

Everything I've seen has said that his stock has continued to drop due to his stuff not looking as "sharp" as it once did.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
braden said:
He's far from the first to predict it but I have a really hard time seeing the Jays take Choice.

Personally, I'll allow them one, maybe even two, picks that I completely don't understand.

I'm really looking forward to this year's draft and I think it'll definitely define the AA-era.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kentuckyderby said:
curious to see where our boy from Minooka would go if he wasnt committed to Texas

He'll go pro. I see him getting popped in the Supp. round.

Folty's the man. Love this guy.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
pigskincardboard said:
braden said:

Personally, I'll allow them one, maybe even two, picks that I completely don't understand.

I'm really looking forward to this year's draft and I think it'll definitely define the AA-era.
One draft will define his era?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Astros, Rays, and Angels will have budget picks

I would not be all that suprised if the Rays take Asher Wojciechowski and have him in the bullpen by Sept.

Blue Jays are also looking at Reggie Golden along with the Rays, Indians and Braves.

Kasrten Whitson is looking for a 4.5 mIllion dollar signing bonus. That right makes him to expesive the for the Astros, A's, and Mets.

Members online

Latest posts