Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

20 New Pit.com IPOs next Wednesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
People are still using this site? Interesting that thepit amassed enough AFLAC cards for an IPO, my question is did they get backdoored ones or have they been buying them for months? Here's the description:

Over 20 new IPO's (Initial Player Offerings) will go live on Wednesday May 19 at 5:30pm. Included in the new offerings will be Cubs 20-year old phenom, Starlin Castro, as well as Mets Ike Davis, Reds Aroldis Chapman, Dallas "Perfect Game" Braden, Baseball America's Top 20 Prospect - Dominic Brown, Yu Darvish, Wilmer Flores, Devaris Strange-Gordon, Jhoulys Chacin and many of the 2009 Aflac Debut stars.

These 20 IPO's will go live at 5:30 on Wednesday May 19. Links to all 20 cards will be posted on the Read More page at that time.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Thepit has been very active this season. More than in years past. Heyward, A-Jax, Moustakas, Stanton, etc have had very high volume. Their inventory is getting pretty impressive. They've got some huge lots of BC base. I've seen 500 count lots offers of high profile players. Makes it very easy to load up on someone. I've done pretty good this year with their drop ship feature. Buying cards on thepit and listing them on Ebay. Then thepit ships them to the winner. Almost to easy.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Are they still involved with Naxcom/Sports Buy?

Either way, the concept failed 5 years ago...I'm shocked they are still around. AKA, I know you're a big fan of the site, but they have done absolutely nothing over the years to generate traffic.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Are they still involved with Naxcom/Sports Buy?

Either way, the concept failed 5 years ago...I'm shocked they are still around. AKA, I know you're a big fan of the site, but they have done absolutely nothing over the years to generate traffic.

Yea, they are still owned by Sports Buy. I agree they could do more to get more members which would help increase the volume ,but they just keep chugging along. I really wish they could hook up with Topps and bring green refractors back. That would really get the site rolling again. It wouldn't hurt to add more base chrome of sleeper prospects instead of just the high profile names. The sites not perfect ,but it can be a lot of fun at times when a players get hot.

Latest posts