Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Time To Buy Justin Upton Chrome Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
These were selling upwards of $100 at the beginning of the season. The last few have ended between $70-80. Just wondering if now is the right time to buy one of these, or continue to be patient and see if it will continually go down in price like Alex Gordon. I am curious to see what others think. The reason why I am asking this is because it is the last card I need for my 06 Chrome Auto Set.

Thanks in advance!

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I think its probably a great time. Its only a matter of time before he starts raking and his card prices rise again. I think hes one of the best young hitters in the game and will be a top outfielder in the next season or 2. His '09 OPS was .899 and that year only Hanley, Braun, Utley and Tulowitzki had that number to go along with 20 SB's. Upton is also the youngest player in that group.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
For me it really depends on your timeframe. Justin can get hot at anytime and push the cards back up but I think if you are willing to wait a couple of years this will be a $30-$50 card. He's still young so anything can happen but as another member on this board said he reminds him alot of Andruw Jones, someone with tremendous talent but lacking the work ethic to turn himself into one of the leagues premier players.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly I would buy up Andrew McCutchen. Look how good he is this year with no supporting cast. Wait until he is a Redsox or Yankee in a few year, McCutchen in fenway would be nuts.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm waiting on getting more Uptons 'cuz Arizona is going NOWHERE. In this past off-season you could even find them in the $45-60 range.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
I'm waiting on getting more Uptons 'cuz Arizona is going NOWHERE. In this past off-season you could even find them in the $45-60 range.

I dont think they ever got that low. I bought him all offseason and never got on that cheap.
To answer the OP.
I think now is a good time to buy him.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I was buying also, and do not recall them being that low at least not on EBAY
bdal23 said:
gt2590 said:

I dont think they ever got that low. I bought him all offseason and never got on that cheap.
To answer the OP.
I think now is a good time to buy him.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Upton is definately heating up again. Last year he struggled to start and he has done the same this year.
He definately had been pressing and trying to do too much.

Members online

Latest posts