Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Yankees look pathetic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jeter missing Ike's popup a few innings ago and lobbing the ball back like a little girl, Cano missing a popup, then Russo misplaying Wright's fly ball and looking like he's never played baseball in his life...this is full blown comedy :lol:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Granderson will be back in less then a week, and hopefully by then Girardi will have learned that Gardner isn't the best two hiter.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
they will be alright when all of there players are back...they are lucky to be were tehy are with all the injuries

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
KOBEARODLT said:
they will be alright when all of there players are back...they are lucky to be were tehy are with all the injuries

Thames - ~Week
Swisher - Week
Pettitte - Week
Rivera - Week
Posada - Month
Granderson - Month
Johnson - Months

I"m probably missing a few. I wish I was missing Winn :lol:

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
A_Pharis said:
The "injured player" theory.

Did the injuries cause Cano and Jeter to miss those catches?
Did the injured players cause the poor hitting?

I fail to see how injured players are an excuse.

yeah your right...take longoria, upton and crawford out of the rays lineup and they are the same team (not saying the yankees players who are injured are that caliber but it still effects a team)

A_Pharis

El Oh El.

So you're comparing the Rays top producers to... ?
The Yanks still have a more-than-capable squad. Why not just suck it up and admit they aren't playing that well? It's not like they Yankees will disown you as a fan to say:

"You know what... my boys are sucking, right now."

Instead, you try to play down the OTHER teams by saying it's only because of the injured players.

Puh-lease.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
We do look pathetic. Tex needs to be benched. I do not give a crap how much money he makes or the amount of errors he saves the defense. The dude wouldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat for crying out loud.....

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
yankees are not even my favorite team...and yes they do have a good team with the injuries...but there that much better with there starters

A_Pharis said:
El Oh El.

So you're comparing the Rays top producers to... ?
The Yanks still have a more-than-capable squad. Why not just suck it up and admit they aren't playing that well? It's not like they Yankees will disown you as a fan to say:

"You know what... my boys are sucking, right now."

Instead, you try to play down the OTHER teams by saying it's only because of the injured players.

Puh-lease.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
KOBEARODLT said:
A_Pharis said:
The "injured player" theory.

Did the injuries cause Cano and Jeter to miss those catches?
Did the injured players cause the poor hitting?

I fail to see how injured players are an excuse.

yeah your right...take longoria, upton and crawford out of the rays lineup and they are the same team (not saying the yankees players who are injured are that caliber but it still effects a team)

Lol! The Rays would probably be a better team if we took Upton out of the lineup. It's pretty sad that Gabe Kapler is out producing him when he plays.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Not saying the injuries are the entire problem,

But injuries to one of your better starters (Pettitte), two of your best relievers (Aceves, Rivera), your starting catcher (Posada) and your center fielder (Granderson) are going to make your team hurt.

The Granderson injury has forced Gardner into center. Right now their options for left are Winn, Thames, or a AAA infielder (Pena/Russo). And remember, Swisher was out 5 or so games, so both were playing the field.

I don't think I can count how many runs Winn and Thames have allowed to score through horrid fielding that Gardner wouldn't have allowed to happen. Numerous games have been put out of reach by Thames' and Winn's fielding.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
jbone17 said:
We do look pathetic. Tex needs to be benched. I do not give a crap how much money he makes or the amount of errors he saves the defense. The dude wouldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat for crying out loud.....
Who would be at first if they benched him? He'll find himself. No superstar doesn't ever have a streak like this.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
jbone17 said:
Who would be at first if they benched him? He'll find himself. No superstar doesn't ever have a streak like this.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
jbone17 said:

Wait! I thought all the Yankee fans were just saying just wait until May???

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
cowboysrule48 said:
jbone17 said:

Wait! I thought all the Yankee fans were just saying just wait until May???

Yeah well, you see how that is working out. ::facepalm::

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Another reason why things aren't as bad as they seem.

3 @ BOS
4 @ DET
3 vs MIN
2 vs BOS
2 vs TB
3 @ NYM
3 @ MIN

The Mets and the Redsox are the ONLY teams on that list that aren't in first or 1 gb.

Each and every one of those teams are first place calibur teams.

Now if the Yankees struggle up to the ASB, with Granderson, then there may be problems.

4 vs CLE
3 vs BAL
3 @ TOR
3 @ BAL
3 @ HOU
3 vs PHI
3 vs NYM
3 @ ARI
3 @ LAD
3 vs SEA
2 vs TOR
3 @ OAK