Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay/PayPal experts - come on in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Purchased an item on eBay and paid promptly with PayPal. My PayPal Account shows that the transaction was completed and the amount was deducted from my account.

I received an email from the seller that read:

For some reason, this payment was not received on this side. I spent hours on the
phone with PayPal today trying to find it, but to no avail. On the email, there is
a blank spot under Payment Sent to...

Not sure- can you make sure it has gone through?

When I view the Details of the transaction, it says The recipient of this payment is Unverified.

Does this mean they do not have a PayPal account set up correctly?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
If it shows up on your side & you used the Pay Now link after the auction then the guy is tooling you around.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Send him a screen capture on your end, and ask that he send one on his. Sure, it can be faked, but we'll see how committed he is to this. I'd say he's trying to rip you off.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
After checking around on his eBay page. He has had 66+ transactions, with 100% positive feedback. However, I noticed that all of the feedback comes as the buyer.

He had no feedback as a seller.

I have faith this person just doesn't know what they are doing yet.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
There has been some people I know that had there accounts hacked
So on your end it showed the payment was made but on there end they did not got it.
A few years ago someone hacked mine and had my email forwarded to another e-mail so I did not see
any emails that pertained to my PP account. Not sure if this is the case but If he can't produce a screen shot on hos end
then he maybe jacking you.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'm pretty sure to accept payment as a seller via PayPal, you need to be verified. I think he has yet to do this.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Was it a message through Ebay or your personal email? The stroy sounds like BS, but a first time seller, even with feedback as a buyer, usually have their payments held for 30 days or until the buyer leaves feedback.
I keep a seperate email address for Ebay and PayPal and never open any emails or even log into that account. Most Ebay/PayPal scams come from bogus emails.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
F-Topps said:
Was it a message through Ebay or your personal email? The stroy sounds like BS, but a first time seller, even with feedback as a buyer, usually have their payments held for 30 days or until the buyer leaves feedback.
I keep a seperate email address for Ebay and PayPal and never open any emails or even log into that account. Most Ebay/PayPal scams come from bogus emails.

Thats what I had thought too, however, the email was a response to my PayPal email that said he had received payment.

I guess time will tell.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
If he is a new seller, He will have sales of over a certain cost held for 3 days after recieved or feedback is left. He needs to build up his DSR before that is lifted, It happens with every new seller.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
bradical said:
F-Topps said:

Thats what I had thought too, however, the email was a response to my PayPal email that said he had received payment.

I guess time will tell.

I wouldnt communicate outside of Ebay. Just respond through Ebay.

Members online

Latest posts