Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Super hits ESPN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No plug for FCB. :(

Hey, question. Do you guys think the Stras Bowman Red Auto 1/1 would sell for more or less than this Super?

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
In theory, they should be comparable. But in actuality, I think this super will end up being the higher priced card. The timeliness of the pull really influenced the market. If the two auctions were running concurrently, it would have divided the buyers and the attention.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

Hey, question. Do you guys think the Stras Bowman Red Auto 1/1 would sell for more or less than this Super?

It should, but I can't say yes after seeing what change being thrown around on the Super.

How many 1/1's will Strasburg have this year???? Congrats to the seller is al I can say.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Wonder how much media attention the winning bidder will get when it ends. The modern day Wagner card it's become. Maybe we will see a book in the works. I hope W wins it and gets the attention he so richly deserves in this hobby.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If I was him (Stras) I would arrive at the buyers house and hand deliver my Super refractor card.

Because this my be the only press I may get. especially if I blowout my arm pitching batting practice :D

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
"The listing for the 2010 Bowman Chrome Superfractor card says it's the only one of its kind."

Of course it does. That's what a Superfractor is!

Why do people with no knowledge write stories without learning a little something about what they're writing?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I hope BGS gets to grade it. Just wouldn't look right in PSA holder. If W wins it, maybe he will show it off at FCB booth at national when he visits.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Jaypers said:

less much less

Much less for a card of the same scarcity but autographed???? I highly doubt it. Keep in mind, the people driving up the super to the current price with days left aren't nerds sitting at a computer wishing they could own a Superfractor.

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
Chris Olds from Beckett does articles for ESPN, he did one on me for ESPN when I found that Lincoln/Bradely variation. I'm sure that he will do something but I doubt he will mention FCB since Beckett has it's own forum.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Stupid question time. How come I can't find it on eBay anymore? It doesn't come up in searches anymore.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I love this comment on ESPN:

LOL! free shipping for a 1.2 Oz piece of paper if I'm gonna shell out 16k for that I'll be more than happy than to spring 10$ for registered mail.

Like registered mail WOULDN'T be the 'free shipping'? Guess people like him are the reason PWEs are still used for cards.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Gilmo needs to get the seller a FCB shirt pronto. Dude just might make it onto national news soon and should have the proper gear on. What a crazy story. Yahoo, the Boston Globe and now ESPN. And it's not over yet. Remember the pub Alex Gordon got?

Get him a shirt.

~AJ

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
lkk, leo? his gf is gonna want a diamond ring or two. lol!

good luck on the sale and hope it actually eclipse the original bin!!!

dave

Members online

Latest posts