Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joe West Must Go!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
subpop77 said:
If you feel the same way join the facebook page "Joe West Must Go" :evil:
especially fans of Astros or Oswalt ;)

...or the White Sox
...or Buehrle
...or the Yankees
...or the Red Sox
...or...

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
See Madden go off tonight though on West & Company.... haha now that was just uncalled for, wasn't the umps in that situation.

Pena asked for time late once and WAS granted it... and he asked even later the next pitch and wasn't granted it and struck out, wow lol.

Shep :ugeek:

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I was at that game, one section past 1B and about 6 rows back. I would've tossed Guillen too. Guillen came out relatively calmly but quickly lost his temper and hollered something starting with an F... 'nuff said, he's gone.

That's not to say West isn't a hothead looking to make a name for himself. I think it's well established that he likes to be noticed. Regardless if a manager pops off with an F You, he's gotta go.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
shephech said:
See Madden go off tonight though on West & Company.... haha now that was just uncalled for, wasn't the umps in that situation.

Pena asked for time late once and WAS granted it... and he asked even later the next pitch and wasn't granted it and struck out, wow lol.

Shep :ugeek:

I saw that too and lol. You can see West saying I got nothing to do with it...over and over.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
There are a number of hyper-aggressive umpires who are getting out of control. I realize they take a lot more heat than we realize, but 10-15 years ago, you NEVER saw an umpire escalate an argument. Now, it is hardly uncommon to see umpires ripping their masks off to start jawing to dugouts or players on the field. I've even seen a couple of instances of umpires coming around and getting in catcher's face after catching a bit of heat. That does nothing but escalate disputes and MLB needs to reign in the guys that do it.

If a guy wants to argue a call, let him do it within certain confines. When you are done listening, tell him you are done and walk away. If the player or manager continues to engage, then run his ass and be over it. But quit escalating the conflict.

Members online

Latest posts