Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most Iconic Baseball Cards of All Time - CNBC-Slideshow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Dude's a moron. A Jose Canseco Rated Rookie card well over a Babe Ruth 33 Goudey AND a Bowman Ted Williams? Okay bro. Not to mention Don Mattingly above both of those cards. Whatever, that guy can have his opinion, but to me this guy is way off..

zan

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think it's a decent list. Obviously he did not base the list on prices, and cards were never more popular than the 80's.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I found this interesting and an enjoyable read, thanks for linking boomets.

As far as his choices for the top ten, the article writer Darren Rovell is a guy in his early-mid 30's, who would have been a teenager and probably collecting Baseball cards at the height of the hobbys popularity in the late 80s/early 90s, so it doesn't surprise in the slightest that he has so many cards from the 1980's on his list of the most iconic Baseball cards of all time. The Jose Canseco Donruss rated rookie would probably make my top ten list as well, as it was "The Card" to have for a number of years in my youth. I was surprised that he choose the Ken Griffey Jr over the Honus Wagner though, imo the Wagner will always be the most iconic Baseball card of all-time.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
The only card I can see cracking that top 10 would be the 01 chrome pujols. Other than that, just based off of historic significance or popularity I think that list is fairly solid as far as the makeup goes. The ordering is debatable. Since I also think the Wagner is #1 forever.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
uniquebaseballcards said:
Great list, don't see it changing for quite some time.

I think that you're probably correct. The sports card market is so diverse now compared to what they were even through most of the '90s that it's hard to nail down something that's so iconic to everybody. While I wouldn't say that base cards are 'dead,' there are so many more things other than base to collect now.

Members online

Latest posts