Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg timing of the sell...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
The time is near for his big start... so to the sellers did you already list, are you holding out waiting to list a BIN in case he throws darts... whatcha doin??

I took a straddle... having my auctions end approx 1 hour into the game... if he is getting shelled it cannot hurt too much (I hope) and if he is pitching a gem I can get some added love.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Any prospector worth his salt knows you sell at the hype.

And now the hype machine is in full swing. Once a player makes it to the MLB, it's very rare to see any kind of incline on a hyped prospect without a few years of dominance atleast.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Look at this, and then pick your jaws up off the floor. The previous record for this card was $700, which was established yesterday.

[ebay:1s2c47as]260614222665[/ebay:1s2c47as]

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Jaypers said:
Look at this, and then pick your jaws up off the floor. The previous record for this card was $700, which was established yesterday.

[ebay:165owy7l]260614222665[/ebay:165owy7l]

HOLY SHEET!!

That is why I am straddling... Conventional rules of selling on the hype do not apply in this case... if that were true prices would already be in the crapper...

This is beyond hype... so much ESPN, Yahoo, SI etc... people who would have never bought are now buying... and I am betting many will now find a way to watch the game, and get caught up in the hype if he starts well.

At this point in time I really can't get hurt too bad, I just recently busted many of my chromes from blasters a few days ago... but there is a possibility to have them go up.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:

[ebay:2mc3tx26]260614222665[/ebay:2mc3tx26]

I can say I only paid $350 for it I guess. Wish I could say I still had it. :cry:

StrasburgBlue-1.jpg

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
Jaypers said:

[ebay:3jgagg4h]260614222665[/ebay:3jgagg4h]

Insane price. I have one up via auction, and it is the first of three to end tomorrow night. I went back and forth on what to do, and decided to end on the Sunday night before the start, as opposed to the after the start. Also listed a lot of chrome, and a lot of base to end within a few minutes of the auto. Have some leftover base and chromes in case he does pitch lights out and his cards go up even more.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah but I don't think Stras is a prospect this year. Doesn't matter though, because all (competent) investors know the best time to sell is always during the top of the hype anyway.

matfanofold said:
Any prospector worth his salt knows you sell at the hype.

And now the hype machine is in full swing. Once a player makes it to the MLB, it's very rare to see any kind of incline on a hyped prospect without a few years of dominance atleast.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
I have 60% of my Strasburgs ending tomorrow night and 40% ending Tuesday night at 9:30 PM.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
loftlife said:
having my auctions end approx 1 hour into the game...

only problem i see with that is all the impulse buyers/bidders will be busy watching the game and looking to buy right after the game is over (if he plays great/decent of course).

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have 11 auctions ending right as the game starts. Just seeing if I can ride the wave up to the 1st pitch. Just a little worried that the Pirates could shell him.

~AJ

asmth312

Jan 17, 2009
Well of course the time to sell is at the top of the hype. The challenge is figuring out when that hype will peak. As much attention as he's gotten so far, I think there will be even more surrounding his first start. If he bombs, then obviously that could ***** the enthusiasm, but if he performs respectably it will likely carry it higher.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've got my chromes/bases and auto all ending during the game. I stress during, as I'm hedging my bet that the hype will build until first pitch and even during. If he starts to get shelled, the bids will already be in.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
asmth312 said:
Well of course the time to sell is at the top of the hype. The challenge is figuring out when that hype will peak. As much attention as he's gotten so far, I think there will be even more surrounding his first start. If he bombs, then obviously that could ***** the enthusiasm, but if he performs respectably it will likely carry it higher.
Like if he strikes out the first 6 batters in the 1st 2 innings on 18 pitches?

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Well, I was going to list them to end right after the game, but SOMEBODY ( :evil: :evil: ;) ) who listed them for me made them 7 day listings instead of 5 day listings, and now they end after the game +2 days. I don't mind at all though. It ends up being better for me, I think. If any bids are attained after the game/after the performance, then I don't really have to worry about people backing out because they're taking his performance into account before bidding. Marro sent me the chrome and the base for free because he's awesome, so taking that risk is an option for me.

Ant

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
aminors said:
Well, I was going to list them to end right after the game, but SOMEBODY who listed them for me made them 7 day listings instead of 5 day listings, and now they end after the game +2 days. I don't mind at all though. It ends up being better for me, I think. If any bids are attained after the game/after the performance, then I don't really have to worry about people backing out because they're taking his performance into account before bidding. Marro sent me the chrome and the base for free because he's awesome, so taking that risk is an option for me.

Ant
You can lower the duration on the auction unless it has a bid on it already...You used to be able to add days to the auction but can't do that anymore..

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Casebusters said:
aminors said:
Well, I was going to list them to end right after the game, but SOMEBODY who listed them for me made them 7 day listings instead of 5 day listings, and now they end after the game +2 days. I don't mind at all though. It ends up being better for me, I think. If any bids are attained after the game/after the performance, then I don't really have to worry about people backing out because they're taking his performance into account before bidding. Marro sent me the chrome and the base for free because he's awesome, so taking that risk is an option for me.

Ant
You can lower the duration on the auction unless it has a bid on it already...You used to be able to add days to the auction but can't do that anymore..

It's got a bid, but I'm fine with how it is right now. I think he'll have a great game, and I think his heat will baffle a lot of batters. He's a great pitcher. I don't know why people are all giving up on him. I think he'll be lights out.

Ant

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
anyone think i should list the nationals promotional card of him? i haave like 4 of them, some i still have the stras and soren together

Members online

Latest posts