Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB has Bowman back in stock - retail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
while the picture of the box may be retail, it shows all hobby specs such as strasburg auto, etc.

interesting

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Crash Davis said:
while the picture of the box may be retail, it shows all hobby specs such as strasburg auto, etc.

interesting

That's what they've had all along. And interestingly, MLBshop.com has continually raised the price of this box as they restock...

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
dont do it at any price.
was lucky to get my one case at 474
after they porked me on the second,
and i made about 50 bucks with 7 stras chrome
and a harper ref. it is a risky prop.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
boomo said:
dont do it at any price.
was lucky to get my one case at 474
after they porked me on the second,
and i made about 50 bucks with 7 stras chrome
and a harper ref. it is a risky prop.

Yeah, I ordered a case and it got "porked" as well.

I still think it's worth it at the original case price. . . but Blasters (1/3 box) aren't a great deal at $20 per - so $60 a box is a "decent" deal... $72 plus shipping, not so much.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
I just went to Dicks since they use the same "stock" as MLB and bought 12 boxes from them for $778 shipped using the 15% off coupon.

So under $65 a box shipped. Only downside is it said expected delivery of late July.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
Looks like someone bought the last 5, hopefully from here...

So what are my odds of receiving sealed cases? The retail boxes come in 6 box cases that is why I went with 12.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
allstarauction said:

So what are my odds of receiving sealed cases? The retail boxes come in 6 box cases that is why I went with 12.

my retail case was 12/24 and it was sealed from topps.
u paid a lot, good luck with that rip, although you might do better
selling the boxes to the mad rippers !!

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
allstarauction said:

my retail case was 12/24 and it was sealed from topps.
u paid a lot, good luck with that rip, although you might do better
selling the boxes to the mad rippers !!

I may have paid more then the price when the product first released but I wouldn't call $65 a box a lot for these. They are selling for $110-130 a box.

Has anyone else that bought boxes from MLB and/or Dick's tried calling about the expected delivery date? I am confused how my boxes show as "Items located in stock" and it says expected delivery of 7/13-8/2. I was going to call this evening to see if I can get any other info or speed up the process.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would MUCH rather have 4 jumbo packs than one retail box. Allincards is selling them and he still has some in, retail
has been spotty at best and you have no chance at a Stras auto.

Kevin

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i got mine immediately, and i only meant you paid a lot for what they are really worth.
since so many stupid people are confused about whats in them, yes you will get 100+ per.
if all buyers on earth knew you couldnt really get anything, these would not sell for much.
we can thank topps and dishonest sellers for confusing everyone.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
i got mine immediately, and i only meant you paid a lot for what they are really worth.
since so many stupid people are confused about whats in them, yes you will get 100+ per.
if all buyers on earth knew you couldnt really get anything, these would not sell for much.
we can thank topps and dishonest sellers for confusing everyone.

I agree, they are not nearly as good as hobby in any way, that is why I was worried about trying to get them ASAP to sell. On the other hand, I have to think that the hobby boxes will be completely drying up soon and people will still want to open something.

I didn't buy these to open, I bought them because they were $61.19 a box each plus tax.

Members online

Latest posts