Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beavan prices still FLAT ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Plus with the pitching log jam in Texas it could be a long time before we see him in any capacity. He's had to somewhat adjust his style from a fireballer to a innings eater. Those guys don't get a lot of hobby love. Chicks dig the K's.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I will also admit, any pitching prospect I am buying needs to have strikeout #s.....48K's in 72 innings doesn't jump off the page to me.

BUT, the kid is having a great year. He should be seeing more of an uptick in prices.
skrip

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
as was said before, K's=hype and hype=$$$. he has very good numbers as a pro but nothing really jumps out at you. more than likely he will be a capable #4 or #5 in the bigs but that is not what investors/collectors are looking for. looks to be a jon garland type arm to me.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
He's leading the Texas League in WHIP and Wins, and is Top 10 in IP and K. He also has an (almost) 5:1 K/BB ratio...I'm buying Sterling's, Chrome's and Elite's all day under $5...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ballerskrip said:
I will also admit, any pitching prospect I am buying needs to have strikeout #s.....48K's in 72 innings doesn't jump off the page to me.

BUT, the kid is having a great year. He should be seeing more of an uptick in prices.
skrip

My thoughts as well.

If they don't have good strikeout numbers, they are gonna need to be a groundball pitcher (e.g., Porcello). Beavan barely gets more groundball outs than flyball outs, which can lead to problems when facing bigger stronger hitters in the future.

Regardless, his numbers are impressive. You don't have to be a strikeout pitcher to be tough to hit.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
I sold a gold for 55 and a ref for 20 yesterday....paid 8 on the ref and 30 on the gold a few weeks back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts