Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question on Allen & Ginter Wood cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Quick question: each base card in Ginter also has a 1/1 wood mini...are these cards all in rip cards or are they inserted into packs like normal minis? The checklists I've seen everywhere says that 50 mini exclusive wood cards will be in rip cards, but I believe those are the minis numbered 351-400.

Reason I'm asking: I'm the 2009 Ginter Code champ and I'm trying to collect all 12 variations of my card, which will be #165 when it is released in a couple weeks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
njlw226 said:
Quick question: each base card in Ginter also has a 1/1 wood mini...are these cards all in rip cards or are they inserted into packs like normal minis? The checklists I've seen everywhere says that 50 mini exclusive wood cards will be in rip cards, but I believe those are the minis numbered 351-400.

Reason I'm asking: I'm the 2009 Ginter Code champ and I'm trying to collect all 12 variations of my card, which will be #165 when it is released in a couple weeks!

Not an insult in any way, but you should be the cheapest of all of the Wood parallels. Unless of course you get into a bidding war with family and/or friends.

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Not an insult in any way, but you should be the cheapest of all of the Wood parallels. Unless of course you get into a bidding war with family and/or friends.

None taken! I just worry that someone knows how badly I want it so they will hold on to it just to get more money or cards out of me.

Grace - exactly what I was wondering - thanks! I was worried it might end up in a rip card somewhere that never gets ripped!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
::facepalm:: What on earth does value have anything to do with what the guy is asking???

Instead of congratulating the guy who is pretty new to the boards, or offering advice, you're wearing blinders.

200lbhockeyplayer said:
njlw226 said:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
njlw226 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

None taken! I just worry that someone knows how badly I want it so they will hold on to it just to get more money or cards out of me.

Grace - exactly what I was wondering - thanks! I was worried it might end up in a rip card somewhere that never gets ripped!
Have a dollar figure in your head and absolutely do not stray from it.

That 1/1 will have no long-term value, so anyone trying to strong-arm more money for it than you are willing to pay is a tool. That said, the key is holding steady. Whatever your price is in your head, do not go above that. If the eventual owner holds it for ransom, they know that it's value is really what you put on it. Well, that and maybe some of the crazed A&G collectors.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
::facepalm:: What on earth does value have anything to do with what the guy is asking???

Instead of congratulating the guy who is pretty new to the boards, or offering advice, you're wearing blinders.

200lbhockeyplayer said:
njlw226 said:

Blinders? Really?

Did the OP feel this way? Doubtful. He is inquiring about how he'll be able to acquire this card, and I'm offering advice.

Perhaps you should relax, and maybe take a lavender bath and hold some crystals.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
The mini cards 1-350 are inserted into packs, they wil take the place of the mini in the pack. Cards 351-400 are
found ONLY in rip cards and are not numbered 1/1 on the back.

I suggest you swallow your pride and go all out on any card you want from ginter, especially the plates and
the wood. They will go for high prices because it is one of the most highly collected sets out there. You can
always go out and make more money or sell more cards, if you are cheap now, you might risk losing a card
forever in private collections that will never see the light of day again.

I would also suggest NOT to come on the boards and advertise that you are looking for certain cards. I can tell you that
a low percentage of people here will hold that against you if they wind up pulling it and then selling it. I would scan
ebay, the blowout boards and FCB several times a day to make sure you don't miss anything. If you are serious
about getting this set, and if I was on a card I would be very serious, then you have to come strong, have cash and
have good trade. Like I said you might not get another chance!

Kevin

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah tough guy the person who broke the Ginter code needed general advice from you on buying more Ginter cards

He was looking for a 2010 Ginter info link.

200lbhockeyplayer said:

200lbhockeyplayer said:
njlw226 said:

Blinders? Really?

Did the OP feel this way? Doubtful. He is inquiring about how he'll be able to acquire this card, and I'm offering advice.

Perhaps you should relax, and maybe take a lavender bath and hold some crystals.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
The mini cards 1-350 are inserted into packs, they wil take the place of the mini in the pack. Cards 351-400 are

I suggest you swallow your pride and go all out on any card you want from ginter, especially the plates and
the wood. They will go for high prices because it is one of the most highly collected sets out there. You can
always go out and make more money or sell more cards, if you are cheap now, you might risk losing a card

I would also suggest NOT to come on the boards and advertise that you are looking for certain cards. I can tell you that
a low percentage of people here will hold that against you if they wind up pulling it and then selling it. I would scan
ebay, the blowout boards and FCB several times a day to make sure you don't miss anything. If you are serious
about getting this set, and if I was on a card I would be very serious, then you have to come strong, have cash and

Kevin

Are you sure Kevin?

I think this year minis are 352-400. I sure hope so at least as topps twitter stated Strasburg was #351 base mini and not a mini exclusive.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
frzg said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Are you sure Kevin?

I think this year minis are 352-400. I sure hope so at least as topps twitter stated Strasburg was #351 base mini and not a mini exclusive.

ahh yes you are correct, should be 352+ Still have not confirmed that Strasburg will be more than just a base mini
and an autograph. Clay is ignoring my emails.

Kevin

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Congrats on winning the contest man! That is really neat and this made me think of something crazy. Can you imagine if the winner of a conest like this was like 10 or 11 and had a card in A&G then ended up being the next Bryce harper? Prospectors would sell their kids and wives for that card LOL

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Yeah tough guy the person who broke the Ginter code needed general advice from you on buying more Ginter cards

Lol, thanks, you read my mind...I don't need any advice on buying Ginter or selling/trading cards. I'm not a newbie at collecting, I just had no clue how the wood cards were seeded in the product. :D

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I didn't mean any disrespect towards anyone, sometimes there is a propensity here to think value first all the time :)

Good luck on cracking the new code and congrats!

njlw226 said:

Lol, thanks, you read my mind...I don't need any advice on buying Ginter or selling/trading cards. I'm not a newbie at collecting, I just had no clue how the wood cards were seeded in the product. :D

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Any news on your silk screw ups. Have you gotten any ttm requests yet? Have you bought a few blue sharpies and practiced your graph at all? So far All I've pulled is your mini version. \How many versions of your card have you found so far.

Members online

Latest posts