Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which of the Following Hitting Prospects Would you Pick?

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Which one of these Low A hitting prospects do you think has the highest ceiling?

Didn't put Mike Trout as an option because he is miles ahead of the competition.

Out of the guys I listed have the most money into Jaff Decker. Last year in the MWL which is a notorious pitchers league he his .299 with 16 HRS and a 92:85 K:BB ratio which is fantastic. This year he has really struggled so far hitting .195 and an ungodly amount of K's. I'm not gonna pick because of his size and I don't think he will have much value in the field. I do believe if he was fully healthy in the CAL League he could hit 30 HRS easy.

Although I voted for Matt Davidson, I think Nick Franklin is really really good. I own zero cards of his at the moment but he's hitting .299 with 14 HRS before the all star break in the MWL. He's also a shortstop and can easily still grow into his 6'1 170 pound frame. I could see him being a candidate for MILB hitter of the year next year in the CAL League.

Discuss.

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
None of the above.

Singleton.

Added him as an option. You really think so?

He looked pretty good when I saw him play, holy shat is he compact, he looks like a football player. He ripped a couple of balls foul which could have killed someone.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I distrust Singleton's hot start to be honest. Athleticism, at times, can be enough to get you through in A ball without an advanced approach. He has lightning quick bat speed, which I think helps him make up for normal deficiencies in pitch recognition. The totals he has posted this year are incredibly unsustainable. His average has dropped .100 points from May (.423) to June (.317) and may be headed down even further to more realistic results. He has a quick path to the ball, snap quick bat speed, and the build of an athlete. What I question, and it may be unfair, is how he will deal with the inevitable bump in the developmental path once he hits it. I don't think you find out a lot about a hitter until they slide into the dumps for a while and how they're able to hold onto their mechanics and avoid a lot of the pitfalls of being results oriented as a result of age and not being humbled by the game.

I personally like Nolan Arenado. I like the situation he is in with Colorado and I like his bat big time. I don't see a lot of projection in terms of hitting for monster power in his bat, but in terms of being a strong hitter he has all that I would want there. Equally adept against LHP and RHP with a keen eye for the zone. Great path to the ball, but is going to have to eventually refine his approach because he puts too much in play but that is not uncommon at his age. I don't think he will end up selling out for power the way a few around here may think he will because he's simply too good at making contact for that. I see him as a Freddie Freeman type bat.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Vagrant said:
I distrust Singleton's hot start to be honest. Athleticism, at times, can be enough to get you through in A ball without an advanced approach. He has lightning quick bat speed, which I think helps him make up for normal deficiencies in pitch recognition. The totals he has posted this year are incredibly unsustainable. His average has dropped .100 points from May (.423) to June (.317) and may be headed down even further to more realistic results. He has a quick path to the ball, snap quick bat speed, and the build of an athlete. What I question, and it may be unfair, is how he will deal with the inevitable bump in the developmental path once he hits it. I don't think you find out a lot about a hitter until they slide into the dumps for a while and how they're able to hold onto their mechanics and avoid a lot of the pitfalls of being results oriented as a result of age and not being humbled by the game.

Here's an article on what people like about singleton. I dont expect him to keep up this torrid pace but...

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spo...ers_that_patience_pays_off.html#axzz0rVTvGtWA

Members online

Latest posts