Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 SP Authentic box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Is anyone familiar enough with 98 SPA to know how many rookies (/2000) and die-cuts (/500) one can expect to pull from a box?

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Haha. I agree.

My question, though, is of the 30 rookies /2000 in the set, how many can I expect to pull from a single box. I've been told there are an average of 2-3 per box, meaning the odds of pulling a Manning out of a single box are very slim, about 1:10 boxes. I'm just trying to get a confirmation about that.

Can anyone comment on any year of SPA as I've never busted a box? The 2009 set has 100 rookies /999. Anyone know how many of those come per box?

Aug 29, 2008
While I have no solid proof I'd be pretty shocked if RCs fell that frequently. I remember back with 2000 SPA came out I opened a lot of random packs. I probably busted anywhere from 35-40 packs before I hit a RC. I assume that back then, there were no guaranteed hits or anything of that nature.

You can always look on ebay for someone selling a box or packs and see if they will tell you if there are any odds or anything like that written on the box or the packs.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
My vague recollection of SPA from that era was that you could expect 1-2 rookies/box - it may have been either one /2000 and one diecut or two /2000 as typical insertion but don't quote me on that.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
aric said:
Is anyone familiar enough with 98 SPA to know how many rookies (/2000) and die-cuts (/500) one can expect to pull from a box?

I'm going off memory on this one, but I'm pretty sure the rookies were only about 1 per box until 2001, when they doubled that with the autos being more prevelant. And I don't remember anything about the die-cuts at all. Sorry.

The last time I saw a 1999 box ripped, the guy only got 1 rookie: Na Brown. (Eagles failed WR from UNC). I think you're better off looking for singles instead of trying to beat the wax odds. Plus, that way you control the condition too, 'cuz the edges were tough on those.

Members online

Latest posts