Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Today at a flea market me and my dad picked up 3 autographed pictures in frames.
Ted Williams
Stan Musial
Sandy Koufax
All are signed in blue sharpie, and all have COA.

Was 105 dollars a good deal for the 3 pictures?

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
I will get scans of them, and the COA sometime soon. I have to take them out of the frames, and get my scanner ready which takes a while. Can someone show me a picture of a real and fake one of the williams or musial?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The point of a fake is to look real so to try to compare it with an untrained eye is about as pointless as random COA's. I mean yes there are different degrees of fakes but more than likely it will look like the real thing as thats the point.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
crosby87 said:
ALSO there is stickers on the photos with numbers? Could that help?

It could. UDA started that, others ran with it, UD yelled at them, they stopped for authenticity with their company logo or prefix. If it's a MLB logo, that number just authenticates the photo. A smaller, ball-shaped hologram is MLB's authentication, but I'm pretty sure they started after Williams passed.

Also, some players, including Williams, had their own hologram, which would help.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ok a little update.
Im going to scan all these photos in the next few hours.
Should I do scans of the COA as well?
The williams is from a company called Stat Authentic.
Musial is his own company, and comes with a ticket to the event of signing and the COA
Koufax is Coa from a company called prosignedsports.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
crosby87 said:
Ok a little update.
Musial is his own company, and comes with a ticket to the event of signing and the COA
:?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
crosby87 said:
Ok a little update.
I can tell you the Williams is fake without seeing it.Morales is one of the biggest scumbags in the industry.
Mike

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
hofmichael said:
crosby87 said:
Ok a little update.
I can tell you the Williams is fake without seeing it.Morales is one of the biggest scumbags in the industry.
Mike
I did some research on that, and I guess it is likely a fake.
Is it possible that someone obtained the auto, then got it authenticated by this guy?
I couldn't find much but this is what I dug up.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Sports ... /520071732

and this item they somehow actually determined real... ::facepalm::
http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/189/ty-cobb-a ... eball.aspx

Jul 30, 2009
Regarding the Musial, unless theres a sticker or number connecting the COA to the photo, it means nothing.

In other words, if the COA is number 4567 and theres a matching 4567 on the photo, thats legit.

But if its just a COA, even from Stan's company, and you cant actually link it to the photo, it means nothing.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I think the Musial is good for sure, but I'm doubting on the Williams and I've never heard of PSS.

But it would be worth it to give PSA or Spense a shot at them. Plus, do it in person at a big show and save some hassle. Good luck!

Latest posts