Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And the award for best interleague team goes to...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
The Chicago White Sox!

15-2 so far in interleague play with another game tomorrow against the Cubs. With their current 11 game win streak, why not make it 12 and 16-2 overall against the NL.

White Sox officially win the new Crosstown Classic trophy, the BP CUP! :lol: (This is serious).

Sox pride.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Too bad for them they'll be back playing the AL after tom. night. :p

In all honesty though I thought they'd be contending in the Central at the start of the year, so looks like their back in it and wouldn't be surprised if they stay in it till the end.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'm a Twins fan, but good job sticking it to the NL white sox. Unfortunately for the Twins, they had a much tougher trip through the NL this year playing some of the best and hottest teams. I would have loved them to play the nats and pirates instead of the braves, phils, mets. O well, try and hold onto that game and a half lead

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
sethyarkony said:
The Chicago White Sox!

15-2 so far in interleague play with another game tomorrow against the Cubs. With their current 11 game win streak, why not make it 12 and 16-2 overall against the NL.

White Sox officially win the new Crosstown Classic trophy, the BP CUP! :lol: (This is serious).

Sox pride.

I was shocked they kept promoting the BP Cup leading up to this series. I thought for sure they'd wanna distance themselves from that company right now.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
wolfmanalfredo said:
I'm a Twins fan, but good job sticking it to the NL white sox. Unfortunately for the Twins, they had a much tougher trip through the NL this year playing some of the best and hottest teams. I would have loved them to play the nats and pirates instead of the braves, phils, mets. O well, try and hold onto that game and a half lead

Hey! Sox got the Braves too! (who they swept) and Strasburg was one of the starters for the Nats (which they won that game too)...

It wasn't that easy!
:)

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
sethyarkony said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Hey! Sox got the Braves too! (who they swept) and Strasburg was one of the starters for the Nats (which they won that game too)...

It wasn't that easy!

No they deserved it. I'm just going to be upset if there is another game 163. Twins have had to do it 2 years in a row.

In the pre-season predictions Mitch Williams predicted a 3-way tie with the Twins, Sox, Tigers. If that happens, I'll crap my pants. Some way we always seem to keep it intense in the AL Central going into September, why expect it to be any different this year. I hate the Sox, but I'll give em props for the streak. Wish the Twins were playing that well right now

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
wolfmanalfredo said:
sethyarkony said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

It wasn't that easy!

No they deserved it. I'm just going to be upset if there is another game 163. Twins have had to do it 2 years in a row.

In the pre-season predictions Mitch Williams predicted a 3-way tie with the Twins, Sox, Tigers. If that happens, I'll crap my pants. Some way we always seem to keep it intense in the AL Central going into September, why expect it to be any different this year. I hate the Sox, but I'll give em props for the streak. Wish the Twins were playing that well right now

I don't hate the Twins, I just don't like them. Most Twins fans seem fine to me! I am a Packers fan and always have been, so I only hate you when you put your Vikings outfit on ;) . I direct my baseball hate towards the Northsiders. It'll most definitely be an intense rest of the season. Hopefully the Sox pitching has enough to carry them through!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
sethyarkony said:
wolfmanalfredo said:
sethyarkony said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

It wasn't that easy!

I don't hate the Twins, I just don't like them. Most Twins fans seem fine to me! I am a Packers fan and always have been, so I only hate you when you put your Vikings outfit on ;) . I direct my baseball hate towards the Northsiders. It'll most definitely be an intense rest of the season. Hopefully the Sox pitching has enough to carry them through!

I don't hate the Sox so much as I hate losing to the Sox. I hate the Yankees, purely because they beat up on the Twins here and especially in N.Y. Also because they are the Yankees

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
RandomH said:
There's two reasons why I hate the whitesox

1. Ozzie
2. The hawk

That's honestly it and i'm a cubs fan

But the main reason I can watch them on TV..... Steve Stone!!!!

The Hawk is a little annoying... ok.. ALOT annoying.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
RandomH said:

1. Ozzie
2. The hawk

Not even A.J.?!

Why I hate the Cubs

1. Wrigley Field really sucks. Sure, historical...but not a comfortable modern stadium.
2. Zambrano..nuff said. (Shouldn't Cub fans feel the same way!? :) )
3. Ignorant Cubs fans who don't realize when 1908 was.
4. "It's finally our year!" (see #3)
5. The poor White Sox are required to play in their dump when they could instead just host all 6 games of the Crosstown Classic in their own nicer, more comfortable stadium. (see #1)

That wasn't a personal shot to anyone just fyi...you guys are all good guys from what I can see :) Just a general outline of what irks me about the Cubs.

And yes, I realize there are White Sox fans and fans of every team that would make anyone want to hate that team.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
P_Manning 18 said:
RandomH said:

1. Ozzie
2. The hawk

But the main reason I can watch them on TV..... Steve Stone!!!!

The Hawk is a little annoying... ok.. ALOT annoying.

You mean...

pony077.jpg

As

thehawk.gif

would say?

I still like Hawk. He is truly the #1 Sox fan I think and I respect him for how much he knows about the team, regardless of how many times he says Matt Abbatacola when someone hits a crappy ground ball and the bat breaks.

Members online

Latest posts