Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekday Pickup Thread 6/28-7/2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
I didnt see one so I will get this started with this one I just grabbed with a BIN.

Shep

/27
roberto.png

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I've been looking for an Orlando Hernandez auto for sometime and so I was very happy to win this auction for starting price! These SPx have no published print run nor are they designated as an SP so I have no idea of rarity. Perhaps a set collector or someone who has followed this set over the years can clue me in.

OrlandoHernandez.png

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
nevermore said:
I've been looking for an Orlando Hernandez auto for sometime and so I was very happy to win this auction for starting price! These SPx have no published print run nor are they designated as an SP so I have no idea of rarity. Perhaps a set collector or someone who has followed this set over the years can clue me in.

OrlandoHernandez.png

i remember about a year ago i went after this set and was down to this card and the jeter, i specficaly gave up on the set when i found out this card was shortprinted more than the rest and sold for over 80 regularly

brumbach

Taylor_Brien_1991_Classic_001.jpg
Fox_Nellie_1951_Bowman_SGC-JSA_KLAT.jpg

In all seriousness, this is the first 1991 Classic Taylor auto that I have picked up without a serial number on front. It does have the same back as the rest of the auto'd ones but this one came with no paper COA. Were some distributed differently without the serial numbering or COAs?

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
brumbach said:
Taylor_Brien_1991_Classic_001.jpg

In all seriousness, this is the first 1991 Classic Taylor auto that I have picked up without a serial number on front. It does have the same back as the rest of the auto'd ones but this one came with no paper COA. Were some distributed differently without the serial numbering or COAs?

I lived 15 minutes from Classic/Scoreboard and remember the hunt for the Taylor auto. That classic gave me my 1st pack pulled auto, Andrew Verner a goalie. A dealer offered me 125 bucks for it at the show where pulled, I said, yes before he could finish. And like a moron bought a Kevin Maas auto at the show and some older bkb wax also. You can be certain that the Taylor is a backdoored one as Classic was infamous for doing that and lying about production numbers. After a while, You could get autos at shows from them very easy. Fleer was in the same area and would do the same once they produced autos for packs.

GioCollector1089

Aug 7, 2008
Clifton, New Jersey
Picked up this Boone and the Gretzky for some reason. I've never owned a hockey card in my life, but something about it made me pull the trigger. Not sure if I got it for a good deal, the going rate, or will end up overpaying, but I figured I'd break even on it worst case scenario. I may go after some others from the set. You don't get the pictures of the guys on the cards, but they're really nice signatures of some important players and they run cheaper than their regular certified autos.

Boone.jpg
Gretzky.png

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
chippernate said:
2009 SP Authentic Nate McLouth BTL "L"

It completes my set. :D Ill get a pic when it arrives

Congrats. Completing those BTL sets can be one of the biggest pains in the ass and best sense of accomplishment all wrapped in one.

chippernate

Tomlinson21RB said:
chippernate said:
2009 SP Authentic Nate McLouth BTL "L"

It completes my set. :D Ill get a pic when it arrives

Congrats. Completing those BTL sets can be one of the biggest pains in the ass and best sense of accomplishment all wrapped in one.

yep. Now if only I could get thnmoney to go after the chipper BTL's and the minor if they ever show up

Members online

Latest posts